TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 05:56 PM

Yo. xD.

My business class is participating in this Mini Company competition this year, and we just got divided into our groups.

Our next step is to come up with a business idea. And we're totally stumped. We've gone through all the obvious ones like cards, bake sales, etc.. but we're looking for something more interesting.

It can be absolutely anything, just obviously realistic since we're just 7 teenagers.

Ideas would be so awesome!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Someone asked me to clarify so I figured I'd say it here too. Yes, we are actually starting up the business, and the start up money has to come from the 7 of us so nothing too crazy. Thanks Dylan.

Last edited by noise94; September 7th 2009 at 06:07 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:03 PM

Free tutoring? Or Email service: Student sends paper to one of you, you make some edits, student pays 2 dollars?
Dog walking?
Babysitting?
Gift basket making?
T-shirt making (design a order T-shirts/other apparel for sports teams?)
Hair and make-up service? Before dances?
Fashion Helper? (Goes with student to buy a new outfit?)
Host activity nights? Pay 5 dollars at the door to watch movies, eat/drink, play board games?

Just some ideas

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:07 PM

Have people pay you to sit in detention for them =P or Have someone from your school food so you can basically cater at lunch time. Sell the food for a little bit higher, THAT will make money. Maybe even have some kids wait tables and clean up the mess!

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:09 PM

Okay, okay.

Nicolaaa! I am gunna do my best here for ya.

Maybe if any of you are good at sewing, or something. You could start come kind of doll clothing line, or stand. It could be a cool idea. Maybe even full sized stuff? Easy things, like shirts and skirts and whatnot. The bake sale idea, is a classic, but it's also kind of overdone. You may also find other people in your class doing something similar. Another idea that just came to mind is some kind of art auction or display. Photography is a big one for that. If you think maybe you can set that up, it could be different. Another thing along those lines, maybe you could do some kind of clay pottery thing. That's always a fun experience to make, and something unique people can look at.

A used book store maybe, even some new books you buy? Get some library donations or something. I know that's kind of going a little far, but if you want to go above and beyond, ya know . Oh! How about a flower shop! That's always fun . How about instead of sweets, a health food store/stand type thing? Complete with educational brochures?

I'm not very good at the whole business thing, but I bet you guys will do awesome

Good luck Nicolalala <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Have people pay you to sit in detention for them =P or Have someone from your school food so you can basically cater at lunch time. Sell the food for a little bit higher, THAT will make money. Maybe even have some kids wait tables and clean up the mess!
We're a little backwards in my school. No cafeteria. But, the food ideas a good one. We could do something along the lines of that.. thanks.

And thanks Amy! Your suggestions have been noted.

Ahh, I can't keep up with you awesome people. Thanks Dylan! Yours have been noted too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:13 PM

Oooooh like Dylan said! Y'all can sell your old books you don't want anymore.... than use the money to buy new books you do want! Win-win!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 7th 2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_nicola View Post
We're a little backwards in my school. No cafeteria. But, the food ideas a good one. We could do something along the lines of that.. thanks.

And thanks Amy! Your suggestions have been noted.

Ahh, I can't keep up with you awesome people. Thanks Dylan! Yours have been noted too.
Bring some chairs and tables a few days a week or something, and make your own cafeteria.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 8th 2009, 02:32 AM

Yo yo yo!

Why not make some sweet jewelery? Guys and girls both like it. Even something with your school's initials on it. You know, cuz school pride is cool and stuff.

Any other ideas, everybody took already. I hate you all. Jusss kidding!

But uhh yeah, that's all I can think of.

Whatever you guys decide to do, I know you'll beat everyone else, because with you on the team, it automatically makes it amazing.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 8th 2009, 07:34 PM

Mini Company!!! Ah those were one of the fun classes Our mini company (Zang Productions) we made children's story books, we drew all the pics and made a story up ourselves then used these as templates an inserted the name of the child that the book was going to be for Didnt turn out to great but thats because our printer man frigged us over!

A popular idea was a help leaflet. We got to regionals and the winners wrote a "Guide to Babysitting" leaflet or something like that... had a page for advertising local businesses which would also bring in some revenue So you should think up of something like that and then work really hard on submitting a good propsal (I'm presuming this is sumtin ta do with TY or sum company i cnt rememba d name) The regionals are so worth it and really fun.

Best of Luck and PM me if ya want to talk more about other ideas.
I'm here to help
J

Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?
[offers him a cup of tea]
Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP!
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These,[points to some plastic cows on the table], are very small; those
[points at some cows out the window], are far away...
Gotta Luv Father Ted

(#10 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 9th 2009, 05:18 AM

ouuu! That sounds like fun =) Our entrepreneurship class did something similar only all the groups had to do something more specific...like the year I took the class we sold lunches. Actually our group was 2nd overall lol. (homemade popcorn chicken, curly fries, drink, dessert) ouu and we did pie in the face

ehe anyways enough of my rambles I got a little sidetracked. :P Anyways, the food thing went over pretty great at our school and might be a good idea if like you mentioned you don't have a cafeteria or anything...Otherwise my ideas have all pretty much been posted above so sadly I'm not of much help. My only other bit of advice for you would be to look at what kinds of talents the seven of you have and go from there.

Good Luck =)
Be sure to let us know what you choose and how things go

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 9th 2009, 05:34 AM

Hey there!

I dunno how well it would work there but here it was pretty famous, i.e., customizing your jeans. All you do is either take brand new jeans or the customers used jeans and customize it with embellishments or put up some cool fabric patches or something like that. You could also try that with tops.

Another thing to do would be grooming dogs. Like you could give them a bath, take them for walks. Or make accessories for them.

My personal favorite is opening a home-made candy/chocolate/cake-shop. Trust me, they do sell.

I dunno if anyone said this before but you could also open a gift shop. Have all those nifty things used as gifts in there like Teddy-bears, cards, those pretty little key-rings, wind-chimes etc. etc.

That's all that I can think of right now. But remember to have a blast while doing it.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Suggestions would be wonderful. [: - September 13th 2009, 05:13 AM

I remember when I did this for my business class!
Me and 5 other friends "opened" a taco business called "McTako"
jajaja so fun.
But another group opened a business that sold t shirts, with famous quotes from school and stuff, like in our school everyone knew the school bus was called "twinki" so that was a slogan for a t shirt. Etc....

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

Closed Thread