TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

header - September 11th 2009, 02:15 AM

I have a question. Eh it might sound a little lame but I suck at computers. Okay, my teacher wants us to put a header in and I can't figure it out.

I mean, I figured out how to get to header and everything but my teacher wanted us to have a header that goes something like this:

Blank1
Blank2
Blank3

And so on for every page we have but I cannot seem to get the header to do that instead it does this:

Blank1
Blank1
Blank1

I don't know what I am doing wrong so if you can help me that would be great. And, if not I could probably ask my teacher next week but I really want to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: header - September 11th 2009, 04:57 AM

Does your teacher want a header like this?

Your Name Goes Here
Class/Teacher name Here
Assignment Title Here

If you can, it'd probably just be easier to type it up once and then copy and paste on every page and then align accordingly.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: header - September 12th 2009, 03:39 AM

I'm assuming you're using a PC but if it's a mac, then I'm sure the processes wouldn't be too different. I'm also assuming you're using Microsoft Word, doesn't matter really what version.

In your word document, you want to click on the View tab then find where it says "View Header and Footer". It may be under the Insert tab if it's not under the View tab.

Anyways, once you've gotten it, type whatever it is that you want and once you view it as header and footer, you'll have a small little tool window specifically for the header and footer. You can use that little tool bar to mark each page, such as Page 1, Page 2, etc... . You can also type, say, the name of the assignment or your name and it will appear like that on every page.

If you're using Microsoft Word 2007, then click on where it says Insert and find the part where it says Header. When you click on it, you'll have a drop-down menu of various styles, choose whatever style you want. Type whatever you need to type and while you're still in the Header mode, find the drop-down menu that says Page Number. There'll be a bunch of styles, pick whatever style you want. This should allow each page to be numbered accordingly.

If worst comes to worst, then type each page number in one-by-one and print each page off one-by-one. You shouldn't need to resort to doing that but that's the last option, other than hand-writing it in.

Closed Thread