TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What do you think... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t26516-what-do-you-think/)

TryToLiveFree September 27th 2009 05:32 AM

What do you think...

College sucks????

Yes
No
Not in it yet
Not plan on going

**To me it sucks...i have no time to myself and the people there are worse than they were in high school.(to me they are anyway)

Katrina September 27th 2009 05:42 AM

Re: What do you think...

I'll move this to Schools and Careers and make you a legitimate poll.
And no, I don't think college sucks. I really enjoy it, actually. :D

TakeTheLeap September 27th 2009 06:30 AM

I'm a 3rd year college student. I hate the workload most of the time and I stress about just about everything. But I've met some of the most amazing people here. My group of friends is small, but we laugh a lot and have a lot of fun. We've gotten really close. :)
I think college is (partially) what you make it. Once you get into the stuff for your major, you really start meeting friends with some of the same interests as you do. If you go to some of the school events (games, dances, movie nights, various other campus activities), you can have a lot of fun. You don't have to drink to have fun. You don't have to study/do homework 24/7 if you prioritize.
It's just a matter of getting what you want out of it.

Lugez September 27th 2009 08:07 AM

I kinda wish there was an neutral option, because I would pick that. I'm a 3rd year, by the way. I'm hoping to graduate next fall, a semester early....One reason is because I want to get the hell out of here.

I really like my classes (10x better than high school, despite the bigger workload), but that's really about it.

I've always had a hard time meeting people and making friends so it can get lonely at times here. I've managed though.

Overall, high school was worse so I don't want to make it seem like college is the worst thing to happen, because it's far from it. But just to answer the question, I don't HATE college, but I can't really say I like it.

Pelios September 27th 2009 09:21 AM

I actually do enjoy college, I've made new friends and I really just enjoy it over all.

*Faith* September 27th 2009 05:18 PM

I'm not going to next year or the year after but I'm kind of dreading it and trying to find another option. I'm not too fond of going to a place with loads of people where I know no one and there work load is like 10x more than it is now.

Angelan September 27th 2009 05:43 PM

I'm not quite there yet, but I went ahead and voted No. I'll never dislike school, maybe all the people and noise, maybe the work load, but the actual learning and studying I really like, and I think our future as a species depends on education...

firecracker September 27th 2009 05:56 PM

I don't plan on going to college per se, but I am going to Tech school to become a vet technician.

Angilea. September 27th 2009 06:59 PM

Ugh college stresses me out, JUST KIDDING. [partially]
I do for a fact enjoy college :]

I'm sure it'll take time for you
to adjust being in college, you'll love
it for sure just take your time exploring
new things while you're there, you know what
say there a first time for everything.

Skeleton September 27th 2009 07:18 PM

I'm at college at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. I'm making new friends, taking a course that I'm really enjoying and I'm only in three days a week, 9 to half 4.

The only thing I hate about it is I have breaks between each lessons which are 15 minutes each and then an hours lunch which is two hours on Fridays. It makes the day drag on and I'd rather have two lessons without a break.

Melody Pond September 27th 2009 07:22 PM

I selected Not there yet because I am in College in the UK and in US college is the equivalent of UK University. So technically for what you are asking I am not there yet.

I am enjoying college at the moment and I am going to University next year and cannot wait :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie (Post 242377)
I'm at college at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. I'm making new friends, taking a course that I'm really enjoying and I'm only in three days a week, 9 to half 4.

The only thing I hate about it is I have breaks between each lessons which are 15 minutes each and then an hours lunch which is two hours on Fridays. It makes the day drag on and I'd rather have two lessons without a break.

My 6th form college is part of a high school so we have 2 lessons then a 15 min break then 2 lessons then 1 and a half hour dinner and then 2 more lessons then we go home. We get 5 mins to walk between classes if we have too.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU September 28th 2009 05:10 AM

I'm currently in my third-year and I find it to be amazing. Some people are there who you don't get along with or care for that much or consider to be assholes, however, that's going to occur no matter where you go and what you do. Although I'm in my third-year, I'm taking a course from first-year (need a credit in social science and have been putting it off) and next semester I'm taking some second-year courses also so I can fulfill the remainder of one of the major's requirements and because a few of the courses I wanted to take I didn't realize needed a specific course despite all the other prerequisites that I have. However, the courses I'm in are all amazing so far and I think next year, they'll be just as good if not better.

Moyshi September 28th 2009 06:01 AM

I'm enjoying my first year in college, actually. I like it so much better than high school, because i'm taking courses i'm actually interested in, you know? :]

bitesize September 28th 2009 06:15 PM

I don't hate it, but I'm lonely. My course is one of the biggest in Ireland and the literal thousands of people makes it hard to make friends. I'll sit down next to someone in a lecture and we'll chat for ages, then I won't see them again for two weeks because there's so many people and everyone's doing different classes. My course suits me but sometimes I wish that like my boyfriend and my best friend I was in a course with just twenty or so other people who did all the same classes as me. Then I'd make friends in no time.

her_beautiful_mistake September 28th 2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrina (Post 242025)
I'll move this to Schools and Careers and make you a legitimate poll.
And no, I don't think college sucks. I really enjoy it, actually. :D

Where do you go Katrina?
Whats your er, you don't do subjects in America do you, you do kind of everything? Whats your.. "Major" is it?

Katrina September 28th 2009 08:27 PM

^ I'm at a small religiously affiliated college near my hometown in Alabama. I'm studying something around Sociology or Psychology to major in "Family Studies" (at least right now) to become a social worker or something along those lines.

You're done with A-Levels and stuff, and now in Uni, right?

It's really great that most of us are really enjoying college/it's UK counterpart.

Young Mechanic September 28th 2009 08:31 PM

I haven't enrolled in any colleges yet but i do want to go... mainly to meet new people.. waiting until i move first since the closest one to me is about 65 miles away.

Nina Twin September 28th 2009 10:00 PM

I love college. I just like to learn. I guess it's also a good thing that I enjoy keeping busy, too, because between my homework, my job, my volunteering, going to the gym, tap dancing, blah blah blah... I have zero time for me!! And I LOVE IT!! =]

taylalatbh. September 28th 2009 10:09 PM

I went for three years, three different courses and two different colleges. And each year it sucked more than the one before.

her_beautiful_mistake September 28th 2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrina (Post 242996)
^ I'm at a small religiously affiliated college near my hometown in Alabama. I'm studying something around Sociology or Psychology to major in "Family Studies" (at least right now) to become a social worker or something along those lines.

You're done with A-Levels and stuff, and now in Uni, right?

It's really great that most of us are really enjoying college/it's UK counterpart.

No I'm in my second year of A-Levels, predicted straight A's (got them last year) in Chem, Bio, Maths, English Lit, and going to go to Med School :smile