TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Snowyowl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs down I hate high school. =/ - November 2nd 2009, 02:05 AM

So this year I started my first year in high school. I really wanted to go to a private school this year, but by the time I applied for the schools, all of them were either too expensive or there were no more spots open. I am currently in a public high school and I hate it! All of the people in my class swear and are really immature. I can't stand it. I love my religion very much, and almost everyone in my class doesn't believe in god. Someone even said F*** God to me. I'm in a Met school, which is a special school with no schedule, and I'm trying to switch back to regular school. I really hate my teachers, especially the principal, and tomorrow I have to talk to her in her office about me leaving, even though I've already talked to her about 5 times this week! Is school always going to be like this for me? I don't really have any friends right now, and I've never had a boyfriend or anything before either. I have no one to turn to when I go to school. Help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Farron Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Farron :)

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 2nd 2009, 03:06 AM

I honestly think that this school may be semi-positive for you.

I get that your religion is something you hold dear to you - but wouldn't it be better to let that light shine to others? It's everything you're supposed to be doing! It's like an 'at home' missionary.

And with the "fuck god", cussing, and immature thing - that's honestly something you're going to have to get used to. It's people. It's life. No matter how much you want to change people, you can't. Only they can make a change or stay in the stagnant mess they usually choose.
and you're just gonna have to learn to work around it.

I know what you're going through too.
I was a full out Catholic/Christian school kid until my 8th grade year and it was a shell-shocker. But because of that, I've learned how to deal with a multitude of people.

Boyfriends and friends is something that comes with time - you can't jump into something thinking "this is it"...not everything has to happen at once...
that's why we have 'time'

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

"And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yes, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:15

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Snowyowl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 2nd 2009, 03:09 AM

Thankyou. (:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Farron Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Farron :)

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 2nd 2009, 03:11 AM

It's no problem
that's what this site is for!

If you need anything, just pm me :]

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

"And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yes, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:15

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Snowyowl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 2nd 2009, 03:26 AM

ohkay thanks. ^^

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 5th 2009, 05:44 AM

Wait till you are in college, there are going to be alot more people saying "fuck God" just ignore them they probably don't even know what they are saying. Freshmen can be kinda dumb.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 5th 2009, 03:52 PM

personaly i think youve been protected by your private schooling you think that people in this world and the workplace wont swear or love your religion in the real world you have to deal with what your given and who you have to spend time with. i mean i dont belive in god,i swear, but im smart- i get A* and im nice if your nice to me. alot of tese people have always spoke with swear words and ect and dont realise its worng i think its good for you this school
try and realise that these are children like you and they wouldnt want to hear your views of them cos personaly i dont think youve gave this a chance mate i mean at least try- i think you think your too good for this place but in life you dont get everything ou want so deal with it and take it on the chin and instead of always looking on this negativly try think positive and you may enjoy it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 5th 2009, 05:03 PM

I know what you mean I got to public school to I don't like some of it.
Some people are mean and immature, but in every walk of life you are going to meet people you get along with and people you don't get along with.
try out for a little longer because if you keep thinking negative you are only ever going to get the negative.

I haven't had a boyfriend either, so relax try it out till about Christmas if you still don't make any friends or you don't like it then fair enough but at least you know you've tried. People swear in all walks of life and everyone's different. Like "Cant think of name :$" Said you didn't really walk in with an open mind. Try it then see.

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 5th 2009, 09:02 PM

thanks mate but said must better than i did lol, but that was what i ment- sorry if i seemed angry

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 6th 2009, 04:18 PM

Personally I think your complaints are ridiculous. I go to a private school, and I got hammered - literally, a dozen hammers thrown at me for no particular reason. And people have played darts with scribers across the classroom. Your religion is something you have to be behind yourself, and cursing will happen anywhere. And seriously, you find the fact that people in your classroom don't believe in God a problem? Why should you care? Your beliefs are yours, theirs are theirs, thats it.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 9th 2009, 01:24 AM

Hey there,

Guys please refrain from being rude. All shes doing is asking some questions theres nothing wrong with that.

Snowyowl, I think its great that your religion is imporant to you. Unfortuantly your going to have to get used to people saying things like that. You could kindly ask them not to say those things around you but sadley not all people will listen.

Just hang in there you'll make some friends it just might take some time. Just try to go there and be nice and friendly. Walk around with a smile when people see you smiling it makes you seem more welcoming.

Goodluck

(#12 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 10th 2009, 05:07 AM

It's not going to matter where you go whether it's public or private school because you'll have people who will get under your skin in some fashion. As for the religious comments, you may hold your religion near and dear to you but so do many others and the problem arises when you try to complain about their comments when they're simply expressing their views. Seems a bit unfair in that sense.

As for the swearing, that occurs everywhere. For example, in one of my third-year university bio. labs, there's one person in particular who swears quite a lot but it's not because he's angry, it's either when he's joking around or doing whatever else. It annoys me a bit but I've gotten used to it because there's going to be no good coming out of it if I tell him to stop something he's been doing for years simply because I don't like it.

I say to stay in the school despite how much you dislike it because you're going to have to deal with people you dislike and environments you dislike. If you isolate yourself from those until you're much older then you may have less flexibility then as opposed to now. Try to make some friends even if it means simply working with someone and ignoring their comments.

Looking back, freshmen year was immature as hell but freshman year in university is also pretty immature too. Freshman year is basically about having fun because when it comes to applying to college or university, nobody cares how much you liked freshman year or what your marks were back then. Try your best in it as it's meant to be a learning experience for various things and this is one of them.

I'll end with a question that hopefully can serve as an answer to your problem: suppose you do get to go to another school and suppose this school is one that you want to go to very badly. What are you going to do when you discover that many of the people in there aren't what you had expected and you dislike it?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Survey_Man Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate high school. =/ - November 23rd 2009, 09:28 PM

I don't think many people like high school, it's more like a purgatory - but afterwards it's heaven - things get better, a lot better. Hang in there.

Closed Thread