TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
teamedward Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Morgandy

Exclamation A disappointment - December 3rd 2009, 12:41 AM

I'm normally an A, B, occasional C student. I work VERY hard for my B's in most cases, and this year everything just sorta went downhill. Math isnt my best subject to say the least, but I've always managed to keep my grades in the class low B, borderline C average. THIS YEAR though, I am currently FAILING math. And i have a D in another one of my classes. My parents are so upset with me, and I've been grounded for who knows how long until I bring my grades up. Problem is, I'm in such a deep rut right now, I dont have enough motivation or see any point to working to bring my grades up. i just DONT CARE. and it's leaving my life in such a terrible state. If only I would work harder I would certainly be ungrounded and therefore have a much happier lifestyle, but I just can't bring myself to do it for some reason. All I am is a disappointment to everyone lately, and my grades are the biggest reason for that. I just cant find the self motivation to do anything about it. And I can't turn to anyone because all my friends are caught up in their perfect lives with their great GPA's, while I'm doing absolutly terrible. I'm in over my head and I'm sinking quickly.
Can anyone give me any advice?
I NEED to fix this but I dont know how to go about doing it.

"Music does bring people together. It allows us to experience the same emotions. People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit. No matter what language we speak, what color we are, the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith, music proves: We are the same."
-- John Denver

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: A disappointment - December 3rd 2009, 08:41 PM

Hi There,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now, but please remember that things do get better, so it's important you try to keep the faith.

The important thing is that you try to find someone in which you can talk to about this - it is no good bottling things up as this will just lead to further problems, and it sounds to me that you are quite depressed and depression often leads to lack of motivation, therefore - getting help for your depression and other worries will hopefully make you feel as if a weight has been lifted off of you - and you'll feel more inclined to work harder.

It's awful that you feel there is so much pressure on you, especially from your parents. You should speak to them and let them know just how much their words have affected you, it's not right that they are making you feel like you have let them down. Afterall, you can only do your best and your best should always be appreciated and good enough. Fair enough, right now, you perhaps could work harder, from what i gather - but the grades you recieved at first were not a dissapointment. A few D's helps shape us, they remind us that not everyone is perfect and that we must change whatever we did before, and put a bit more effort in to next time. It's not something to be ashamed of, and therefore your parents should support you.

Secondly, you should talk to your subject teachers. I am sure they only want the best for you and by reaching out to them, hopefully they can spend some extra time explaining certain areas of the syllabus to you so that you understand them better. There's no shame in asking for that help, it's what the teachers are there for!

Hopefully things pick up,
Take care
x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

Closed Thread