TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Sensible isn't the same as smart - December 27th 2009, 12:08 PM

You know, I'm in the 5th Class (Belgium) at the moment. (It's the same as the 11th form in US) People say often that I'm quite sensible and that I can talk very adult. Ok. True. But look: maybe I talk very adult, maybe I'm quit sensible, but I can do nothing with that. It's not going to let me live. I mean, my marks are bad. I have nearly no A's, only for French, for art and for Mathematics (while I never have an A for Mathematics). The rest is just waste.
I mean, after high school we can chose between university and a professional bachelor. In university you can do many of things. But it's difficult and my parents and teachers say that I'm not able to do that. Ok. Professional bachelor: plenty of choises, but all the things I would like to do, my mother says: you won't be able to do that. It's like I'm only able to become a nurse. I know it's not so bad, but I would like to do something else. I want to make a real difference. I would like to become a lawyer, politician or officer. Anything.
Does anybody have advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Sensible isn't the same as smart - December 27th 2009, 07:36 PM

Hey-

Honestly, grades are not everything, as much as the adults around us want to try to make it seem. Yes, they can be important, but I promise the world will still spin tomorrow regardless of if you got good or bad grades. It's not that smart people get A's, or stupid people get F's. I failed a class this semester, and have failed or gotten low marks in many classes, but I certainly would not call myself stupid.

What is it do you think that pulls your grades down? Do you have good attendance? Do you take notes? Is it the tests that pull down your grades? Think about it, and figure out what it is. It could be a combination of things. Then figure out how you can fix that to pull up your grades.

Teachers are usually willing to help you with grades. Or a guidance counselor or someone like that is good for grades as well. If the adults at school see you trying, they'll usually help you out.

You have many opportunities to make a huge difference in the world, and if you want to, you will. Find a career that you truly love and really want to do for the rest of your life, and work to get there. You seem like an intelligent person and you'll do great in the world whatever it is you decide to do.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything at all!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

Closed Thread