TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Completely ruined it... - January 28th 2009, 06:16 PM

I've completely ruined everything...today was my midterm for this stupid winter intersession class, theater arts 7 [history of silent film], and I was assured it was an easy A...and as it turns out, the test was more difficult than many of the exams I'd taken and did exceptionally well on last semester. I ended last semester with all A's and one B [math--ugh!], leaving me at a 3.6 [approximately]. I'm looking to transfer to USC [or at the very least, earn myself an acceptance letter], and well, I guess that won't be happening now. I probably got a C or a D on my midterm, making it nearly impossible to get an A in the class [it's based on two major exams, inclusive of the midterm and final, a paper, and attendance]. What am I going to do!? I can't NOT get an A in this class...I know that this sounds so ridiculous, but you've no clue how badly I want to get into a good, reputable university [preferably, USC]...and because I blew off studying under the misguided impresson that this was an easy A, I'M COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SCREWED!!! And on top of this, things at home are WRETCHED. My dad refuses to speak to me, my mom is considering taking us and leaving him, and nobody will teach me how to drive...None of my friends are of legal age to instruct me in driving, and those who WOULD are off at college. I'd ask my boyfriend to help me, but he already does far too much for me, and I can't drive his car because he drives his mom's Mercedes...and I'd not destroy it. I can't simply get my car repaired because a) it's under my dad's name, b) I know NOTHING about cars and wouldn't know where on earth to start or how much it would cost me, and c) I can't drive it anyway, seeing as how I don't have my license. My dad won't teach me how to drive until I get the car going, but he isn't keeping up his end of the bargain or even TRYING to help me with it. I've asked him countless times, but he just walks away from me. I keep trying to save money so that I can get my car fixed up, but I have to pay for everything myself [my parents provide the food here at home and shelter...nothing more]...so basically, yeah, I can't throw away my schooling for the sake of working my part-time job full-time in order to pay for my stupid car repairs...in addition to gas and insurance. My dad is such a creep--he promises me that when I "proved" myself worthy of driving, he'd help me out...well, once again, he has negated his responsibilities and failed to honor his word. I'm so miserable with the situation...ANY ADVICE?!? Sorry for the unnecessary ranting--I'm just really distraught and heartbroken over this...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Completely ruined it... - January 28th 2009, 06:30 PM

Forget the driving, you should be focused on academics. Let's suppose you did worse or just as bad as you thought. Let's say you got an F on the test, a complete flop. Yes the grade for that course would take a large kick but it's still 1 course. If you got A's and B's, 1 low course would get averaged out. It would lower the GPA but not by a significant amount.

Closed Thread