TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lucyxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy :D

Question what are my options? :S - January 9th 2010, 04:54 PM

Hi everyone If you have any suggestions of what jobs i could go for after you read this please do say!

since i was little i always wanted to be a vet, but now im older and have started to seriously think about what i am capable of doing, its sort of out of the question. i could get the science grades easily but my maths kets me down. i will be seriously lucky if i get a B!
I am also interested about psychology i currently take that at GCSE level (in year 10 at the moment), but if i take that for AS or A-level, what could i be when im older? :S
- I would LOVE to work with animals, but im not sure about what the income is off a animal behaviourist, i dnt even no what it envolves.

I couldnt be stuck in an office all day but Im looking into being a care-worker in a childrens home, like for children who need adopting or fostering, what grades do i need for that?

hope SOMEONE can help

xxxxxxxxxxxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: what are my options? :S - January 9th 2010, 05:12 PM

Hey Lucy,

most people don't know what they want to do when they're in year 10 so seriously theres no need to worry about it! i'm in year 12 and still have no idea what i want to do. my advice would be to just keep your options open and focus on getting the best grades possible in your subjects. theres nothing wrong with researching different options - and if you've got your heart set on a certain job then you might need to take certain subjects at AS/A level.. so it is important to consider what you want to do in the future but don't start worrying that you're unsure of what you want to do. when you choose your AS options you'll need to make sure you don't narrow down your options too much, and that you take subjects that you'll need for whatever you're considering studying at uni. some fields [in particular science-y fields] require certain subjects. but you've got ages before you've really got to think about that, to be honest.

it might be worth popping in to see your careers advisor/teacher at school because they've usually got loads of good advice and loads of leaflets and info about just about every job there is!.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: what are my options? :S - January 10th 2010, 04:29 PM

Well, You seem interested in lots of different things, so there are plenty of Jobs out there that you might enjoy.

To be honest, working with animals is done for the love of doing the job rather than the money... but if you're still interested -

-RSPCA, Kennel Work.
-Dog Handling, sniffer dogs etc.
-Dog trainer.

You could also think about working with young people - in councilling?

Definitely check out this site http://www.connexions-direct.com/job...s=Dog+&x=0&y=0

Just search for a Job you like, it will tell you how to get there, what grades you need, what the moneys like and other similar jobs you may be interested in =]

Hope this helps
Claire x

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
victoria-louise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what are my options? :S - January 10th 2010, 04:40 PM

Its good that you have some idea what youi want to do. As you are still not sure, however, you should probably keep your options open when choosing A-levels.

You could try looking at the connexions direct website as you could get some more ideas on what to do next and what jobs may suit you

Closed Thread