TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GhostOfYou Offline
Sorry I can't be perfect
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Job Core - January 12th 2010, 03:08 PM

So over the past few years, I've really been struggling when it comes to school. I used to get in trouble a lot and I've been kicked out of/dropped out of 2 going on 3 high schools now.
So here I am, 17 and I have 6 credits. There is no possible way of finishing high school for me in any less than 3 years at the least. I'm currently not in school, I dropped out less than 4 months ago.

Now I've been having to make some serious life decissions like, if school is even worth finishing. I'm working part-time now at a family buissness, and I was concitering just taking on a full-time job there and saying, the hell with school.

Then the idea of Job Core was introduced by a counclor I see for a program that helps drop-outs finish high school, and again by a close friend who is going up to the Limestone, Maine center in Febuary. I've been looking into it, and I think it'll solve a lot of my housing, money, health care, work and schooling problems. It seems like a great soluation.
Of course, I don't want to make any permident decissions until I've seen the place, and heard from real students, because I don't want to get myself into something bad. So my boyfriend, me, and this friend of ours who is going in in Febuary, are taking a road-trip next week and making the 7-hour drive to Limestone to check out that campus. I'm really excited and scared all at the same time.

What I was wondering was, has anyone here been in/graduated from a Job Core program? What's it like? Would you reccomend it to a 17-year-old drop-out who wants to go somewhere with her life?

Thanks!
  Send a message via AIM to GhostOfYou Send a message via MSN to GhostOfYou Send a message via Yahoo to GhostOfYou  
Closed Thread