TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxodeerXitsmehh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anya

Unhappy i dont want to be homeschooled - January 15th 2010, 02:50 AM

okay so im in 7th grade, and ive been homeschooled since 3rd grade. when i started getting homeschooled (ididnt even want to be) i lost all my friends and ontop of that we moved so i only have one friend(not even over exaggerating) i hate being homeschooled i used to be really good in all my subjects i was an excellent student, but now i cant even do simple math without turning my brain to mush trying to remember. its not a distance problem cause the school is about a mile and a half away. im lonely too. we live in a nice neighborhood and all but the only people here are either old or toddlers, so i get bored really quick. what do i do? i*have talked with my mom about it but she keeps makng excuses not to put me back in school, like we MIGHT be moving, i know we're not. i think it may be because my sister smoked, dropped out, and got pregnant at 17, but why would i do that?! what good'll THAT do me in the future. i know what not to do and mom knows that but theres no reasoning with her! i really need help!
  Send a message via Yahoo to xxodeerXitsmehh  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm SuperGirl
Average Joe

Name: Grace

Re: i dont want to be homeschooled - January 17th 2010, 11:38 PM

I really hope you the best, but the most you can really do is just keep talking to your mom about how lonely you are without having friends and such.
I was homeschooled myself and I lost nearly all my friends. I am now in college and since I was somewhat sheltered it is hard for me to make new friends.. I have a boyfriend but he is really one of my only friends, and I am slowly begiinning to make friends and become more outgoing.

I really feel for you for I was in the same boat almost. Just keep talking to your mom and tell her how you really feel! I think if you tell her that you really want to make friends and such, I think she will come around. It is not good for you at this age to be so sheltered. Also just because your sister made mistakes doesn't mean you will make the same ones. if anything her mistakes will have you more prepared and smarter when it comes to that. Stay strong! If you ever need to talk I am here, PM me!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may mean the world.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor roosevelt

Closed Thread