TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cerne Offline
Average Joe

Paying for Europe - January 29th 2009, 11:30 PM

I'm hoping this is in the right place, its kinda hard to say.

Ok so there is a Europe trip which I went on last year to Italy with a bunch of the other rising seniors and they're opening it up to the graduating seniors this year. Usually I'd say it isn't worth the money to go to the same place but instead of Italy this year they're going to Ireland, Wales, England and Paris and thats just too much to pass up.

Now I have plenty of money to pay for it that my grandparents gave me when they sold their house, which I used to pay for last year, but my mom doesn't want me spending any of it so I can use it for spending money in college. Although I figure I'll just make spending money from getting a job. Either way she won't let me tap into that money.

I'm in a very rigorous program in school, and for that reason I haven't be able to juggle a job at the same time, so I'm kinda in a fix as to how I'll raise the 3,000 on my own. Towards the end of the year I may be able to get a part-time job but I don't know for sure.

There will be school fundraisers: bake sales, car washes, daycare, garage sales and other ways we plan to make money but if I'm going to make enough money to pay for myself I'm going to have to do more than that. I've already called up some family friends to offer to babysit or do other little odd jobs, and today I've alreay booked several days of babysitting.

The only problem with sitting is I don't know what a usual rate is, so I could really use some suggestions. I was thinking of having the parents set it so that I'm more likely to get work, but I'm not going to make much money if they set something like 2 dollars an hour. I've had experience with the children of family friends (I usually let them pay what they like, but they're not going to rip me off) and I've been a camp councelor. But I've never really advertised babysitting, so I don't know what to ask for.

So I need suggestions on rates, and maybe some other suggestions on how to make money for the trip. Its not till the end of June, but there are a bunch of deadlines where a certain amount has to be paid by a certain time.

Family is what you make it - Sammie

The wounded dear leaps the highest - Emily Dickenson

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: Paying for Europe - January 29th 2009, 11:51 PM

I babysit a lot and this is how I charge:

7 USD per hour for ONE child.
10 USD per hour for TWO or more children.

With the 10$ per hour, on a good night, I make upwards of 100$ a night.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
Closed Thread