TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mattyb584 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

its only high school.. - January 25th 2010, 05:20 PM

ive been having some...issues. they all started about the time my sister died (which was about 3 years ago). First what happend was i started losing care and didnt do any of the hw. but eventually I ended up getting into bad stuff that i wont get into here. Lately though ive been trying to do good in school but all i ever end up doing is failing...everything. I was taking a college course... and failed it. Failed history, chemistry, algebra 2.. i really just dont know what to do. Im pretty sure my life is going to end up being a complete waste so really WHY bother? plus, even though my parents tell me how "smart" I am, i think i may be a little screwed up in the head but who knows right?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: its only high school.. - January 25th 2010, 05:58 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I've been stuck with this "I don't care" attitude for about a year now, and I can't tell how badly I want to care.

Here's something I want you to consider, though. When you apply for your first job and they see that you received failing grades all through high school, or that you dropped out before you even completed high school, do you think they are likely to hire you? High school might not seem important to you. But your future is.

You don't want to be on welfare and living with your parents for the rest of your life. This is why high school is important. You might not find sitting in a desk all day or putting up with high school drama important, but when you go to apply for a job and you are repeatedly declined, you will wish that you would have treated your education with more care.

Don't go to school for your parents, or for your friends. Go because even if you don't care about high school, you do care about your future. If you're having a hard time with your homework or with getting good grades, talk to your school counselor. See if there is anything the teachers can do to help you better understand what it is you are currently learning.

Think of all the goals you have set for yourself, and the person you want to be in the future. My guess is that you don't want to be living with your parents or on the streets. You want some kind of successful career that pays well. If this is the case, you need to take the steps necessary to achieve your goals.

In ten years from now, no one is going to be able to save you when you're unemployed, all because you didn't finish high school. This is your life, and you only get one chance to make it a good one. I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth.

Bottom line is: All of this might not be important to you now, but one day it will be. Just a little something to keep in mind.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: its only high school.. - January 25th 2010, 06:04 PM

I had the same attitude as you once. I really didn't care.
Like Amanda said, Go to school for you. Not for your family, friends, or parents.
This will benefit you in the long run, i promise
I barley graduated high school. My senior year was really tough. It was like doing my junior and senior year all in one. I wanted to give up so many times but it was worth it when i walked across the stage and got my diploma.

Take care and good luck.
PM me if you need anything.

Closed Thread