TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Vocational school - February 16th 2010, 02:41 AM

Okay, here is the thing. I am going to college right now and I am bored. The work is not rigorous enough and I feel as though I am just wasting my time. This fact makes going to school everyday hard. Some days I don't feel like going and what not. Also, I do not feel like studying if I don't have to etc.

Basically, I am bored and I am worried what this is going to do. The fact that I am bored is making me slack off and makes school impossible. I then start to worry about the fact that I will never finish school because there are days when I am like "okay, I quit, I don't want to do this anymore."

The thing is, I know what I want to do. I want to become a teacher or, possibly a psychologist (leaning more towards teaching). However, I had a whole 3 years at the college I am at until I even get close to studying the things I want too. I could do it faster but that is going to prove tough because then I won't have as much time for family and friends and I need that.

Piled on top of the worry about my future (and this is what makes things hard) is the fact that soon enough (I don't know when but lets say 2 years) I am going to get cut off from SSI and then I will need a job (which I really want but the stress of a job and school would be way too killer and I wouldn't have time for friends and familt).

I really really want a job but due to balancing school, friends, family and whatever else that seems impossible.

Then I think about vocational school. I could go into vocational school get my study in whatever field and then go from there. I would have a decent paying job in about 1 and a half to 2 years and that would be awesome. I would have more time for friends and family and I would not have to worry as much about money which is a big issue.

Vocational school seems like the right way to go. My goal would be to get done, get a job and then go back to 'regular' college and get my BA for teaching. This seems like something I would really enjoy because the work is rigorous and you do internships so you get to interact with people. Interaction is something I really really want/need.

What do you all think? It may be alternative and I know some people will think it is a bad idea but if I plan on going back to 'regular' college after would it be so bad? And, even if I didn't go I would be making decent money and health insurance so I would not have to stress completely.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Vocational school - February 17th 2010, 03:29 AM

Well, I went to my college today and talked to someone about joining their Medical assistant program. This program seems a lot less expensive and I believe I can start next semester. Bah, I hope so. This will be better than vocational school and I will also be able to work towards my Registered Nursing degree.

I am really excited to start out on this new adventure. I now feel like I am going somewhere with life and I am not just floating along.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread