TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
romantaholic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Friend's School Stress Now On Me - February 2nd 2009, 07:35 AM

I feel like a terrible, horrible student. Why? Because I really just DON'T give a fuck. I do the work, I don't do the work, I pass the test, I don't pass the test...it's all the same to me. I don't care, I never have, and when it comes to getting assignments in I just don't bother. There is so much shit that my school gives us to do that's just busy work so I don't see the point of bothering myself with that. Yeah, I get it, that lowers my GPA but so what? I got into university already despite the fact that I've always been like this and I actually have a decent GPA (around a 3.2?) according to the fact that I'm in the IB.

And the thing is...my fucking friend is freaking me out because she's ALWAYS fucking stressing out. SHE'S already gotten into college as well, she's not in the IB, she takes fewer classes then I do, and yet she stresses a RIDICULOUS amount. And look, she's my best friend and I don't usually mind this stress because it's a part of who she is (issues dealing with having to be in control and that sort of shite) and I love her to pieces but...this is just starting to stress ME out.

How fucked up is that? I'm stressing about not being stressed enough! I'm in three of her classes and I know the work load she gets in those and they're really not that bad, but she treats it like the end of the fucking world if I try to say half a sentence to her during free block because she has "so much work to do". And now the more I write the more I realize how stupid I sound and this is just utterly ridiculous for me to be complaining about her stress level. People deal with stress differently, I know that. It's just...JESUS. I don't like getting stressed and she's stressing me out!!

Look, I'm not gonna say anything to her about it -- she goes to a shrink about trying to fix these control issues and she doesn't need her friend trying to do that too -- but I'd really like some help on how to keep myself calm when she's stressing. For the most part, I'm a very relaxed person, but her stress has just reached such a ridiculous level that it's effecting me now. All I'd like is some help on how to make sure I don't start screaming at her to chill the fuck out because honestly -- if something doesn't change soon, I'm going to do it.

Closed Thread