TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Art Exam - Inspirations Needed Please! - March 6th 2010, 06:04 PM

Hey peoples :]

I got my art exam last week and I'm really struggling with it
My teacher wants me to do the topic on layers, which I now can't change as it's only three weeks until the exam, she wants me to largely use my Project.365 photos (http://365project.org/naomi/365) and possibly other photos I have taken.

The question is as follows (click on the names of the artists to see their work):
Layers
The cubists introduced the idea of constructing images using layers of paint, drawing and collage. Peter Doig has used layers of overlapping images in his paintings, suc as the series 'concrete cabin'. Photographer Hannah Hoch created photomontages and Jeff Wall has manipulated photos digitally, using layers.
Investigate appropriate sources when developing your personal responses to the use of layers.

I guess one of the reasons I'm struggling is largley because it is a 'fine art' piece not a graphics or photography piece...

...I had a vague Idea for my final piece, something along the lines of a kinda 'flip-chart book' like childrens story books with the first page having a massive hole in the middle, second one having a smaller hole etc. until you see the final picture in the middle.

Basically, what I'm asking is for any inspiration or idea people could give me as to how to tackle this? I have a support study to do before Monday and I have absolutely no idea what to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :]

Dream ♥

Last edited by Naomi.; March 6th 2010 at 06:45 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Art Exam - Inspirations Needed Please! - March 6th 2010, 06:26 PM

Hey Naomi!

Personally, the first thing I'd do here would be to find a running theme that you'd like to base your compositions around. With layers, there's a lot of possibilities. You could choose something that could be mainly conceptual (such as age or layers of society) or something more literal. If you want to base this around an image (in the hole of the book) then choose what this image is going to be based around. It's up to you to choose a theme that you will enjoy exploring. I can't stress how important it is to choose something that you actually want and are passionate in creating.

You need to start creating straight away. This weekend, you could take some of your photographs and recreate them using layers of paint or of tissue paper. Just start experimenting! Take a look at some of the artists that you've been given and look at their techniques of creating, their methods, brushstrokes, use of composition and colour. You may find it easier to imitate their techniques at first and then try and expand on your own ideas.

I hope this helps, somewhat.

Closed Thread