TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rosiee Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rosie

Red face Time Management Help? - March 9th 2010, 07:24 PM

I'm not really sure if this is in the right place, so much aplogies if it's not!
I think it should be because it's to do with school etc

Well.....I get home from school at 5:00pm and i have dinner as soon as i go home and finish at about 5:30 kinda time and go to bed at 9:30-10:00.
The reason i need help is because i have my exams comming up in April and i really need to start revising!
But i dunno how to put it all together because i have 8 subjects to revise for and i wanna start going for a walk or run most nights for about 20 mins or something..and then if i have homework which is usually everynight...thanks to maths haha....but sorting this kinda thing out is really hard for me as i'm dyslesic and just get confused haha!

any suggestions on how to put a time-table kinda thing together?

xx

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Time Management Help? - March 11th 2010, 08:40 PM

Do you do any other activities during the week that you could block out time for? Perhaps block out between 2 and 3 hours for homework a night and use the rest of the time to relax or go or a run/have a bath/generally do not a lot! It is important that you relax for at least 20 mins before you go to bed, because then your brain will be less active by the time you try to sleep so you can sleep quicker.

When it comes to revising, it is best to do it in short bursts - half an hour with a 5 min break or something along those lines. Say to yourself that you will either have Friday or Saturday night off, then work all of Saturday and half of Sunday. You need to pace it well, make sure you eat, drink and sleep regularly. Also it is important that you take breaks whilst you are revising and turn your phone off - that way you won't get distracted as easy!

Take care Rosie.
Anna

(#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Time Management Help? - March 11th 2010, 10:39 PM

I certainly can relate. It is not difficult for things to really pile up on you - and it seems it all happens at once, which may seem overwhelming at times. Staying on top of your daily homework is a good way to ensure you are at the same pace as the rest of your classmates. If you experience any difficulties, don't ever hesitate to talk to your teacher or even other classmates for help.

With regards to studying, you need to plan everything out. You want to avoid studying everything the night before the exam and instead, study a little bit at a time. I like to use a "to-do list" to keep myself organized with homework, assignments, exams, applications, and other things that I need to remember. Perhaps using this, or finding your own method of organization, is what you need. Organization is very important.

Don't overwhelm yourself. You have plenty of time until your exams begin. Start making some sort of review package for all of your subjects. Focus on one subject a night, perhaps, and study at a pace with which you are comfortable. Again, I urge you to approach your teachers if you run into any difficulties with the course material.

Good luck.

SUP BRO.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rosiee Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rosie

Re: Time Management Help? - March 16th 2010, 08:43 PM

thankss for all the helpp
my dad got me loads of old pass papers which are handy on working on answering the proper exams questions
and as for the organization my step-mum is like organize god haha so i'll get her to help me my dad is also dyslesic which is helpful since he knows what i'm going through

thanks again!

xx

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Time Management Help? - March 17th 2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah, I find past papers really useful - especially for maths. Keep working through them and you will get used to the style of questions. For things like English, History etc (mainly written ones) try practise doing lots of timed essays as you need to be able to do it within the time limit. Sounds like your Dad and Step-Mum are there to support you, so that's great! Take note of what they say, they have been through it all.

Hope things are going well in sunny Scotland!
Take care.
Anna

Closed Thread