TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Freud help - March 15th 2010, 03:59 PM

I have to do a presentation on Sigmund Freud. I'm totally lost because it's such a huge topic and I don't exactly know what to focus on.

I am trying to make the presentation interactive, via a game, discussion, or some kind of activity.

Anyone have any ideas regarding something I can incorporate into my presentation to grasp the class' interests?

SUP BRO.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Freud help - March 15th 2010, 04:05 PM

Just off the top of my head: do a presentation on Freudian dream analysis. It's one of the things he's most famous for, and as for interactivity you could describe a dream to the class and ask people to try to interpret it in the same way.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Re: Freud help - March 15th 2010, 04:07 PM

Well, if I were you, I would fixate me on Psycho-analysis. It's his most important theory, and the most well-known.
If you're doing it in group, you could play a scene of the psychiater and the client. Or you could ask them what they think about the theory, ask if they are pro or contra.
If you need information or help about the subject itself, ask me. I have had plenty of courses about him.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Freud help - March 15th 2010, 04:11 PM

As far as the interactive portion, it may be more extensive than you're looking for but you can find alot of Jeopardy PowerPoint documents out there. That's what I've used for two classes that needed interaction in the presentation.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Freud help - March 16th 2010, 02:20 AM

Easiest would be to do an interactive presentation on psychoanalysis and involve defense mechanisms as well as dream analysis that is oriented to sex. Somehow describe oedipus and electra complexes by having yourself be the therapist and a volunteer or someone trained to be a volunteer beforehand pretend to be an on-the-spot volunteer. You might also want to use a powerpoint to describe the id, ego and superego at the beginning, then outline the defense mechanisms and such as you go along with the therapist-client interaction. For example, mention the client has an oedipus complex, then pause that scene, go to the powerpoint and briefly explain what the oedipus complex is, then return to the scene.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Freud help - March 16th 2010, 05:04 AM

I think the two main things to focus on would be his psycho analytic theory and like the person above said include things about defense mechanisms. Or you could focus on the dream thing. Personally, I think the dream thing could be way more exciting to do.

As for interaction; you could do a lot. The jeopardy thing could be a really good idea and I am sure you could figure out how to do it. Also, if you are going to present the presentation as a powerpoint at the end of it you could make a test/quiz thingy.

Or, think of some things teachers you have had in the past have done. Things that have peaked your interest and made the lecture better. I know one teacher I have shows videos of the subject she is talking about and then leaves it open for questioning and what not. It is not the most interactive thing but it works.

Hope this helped and best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread