TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

new person at work - March 17th 2010, 09:29 PM

where i work they have employed a new person, but since they have started i feel as though people where i work are comparing me to them, the problem is the person they employed has a level 4 i am only a level 2 studying level 3, but i am constantly compared to them, also they do not yet have CRB check so they dont have the job of doing nappy change and taking kids to the toilets, so they have more time to do observations and paperwork, i am trying to get the paperwork done fill out all the sheets i need to, which i am doing but i just feel as though i am not doing enough, like yesterday i have this sheet to fill in for the cirruculum planning we all have the same sheet but our own sheet if that makes sense, and the new person always has more on their sheet than me and yesterday i got told 'you really need to write more things down' how can i write more things down if i am being given the job of changing nappies for the 3rd week in a row?? nappie change takes an hour, as it is so thats an hour gone and because im the only other ones who police checked apart from someone else i work with no one is police chekced and as the other person i work with cant leave the room its down to me to do nappy change ect, plus keep an eye on the kids, and be in charge when the other person who is police checked leaves the room for some reason. the thing is though i dont want to say anything i dont like to make a fuss and stuff but its just getting to me that im being compared to someone who has more experience me, more qualifacations than me, and is alot older than me. i am doing the paperwork i am getting things wrote down on sheets, observations done ect just not as many as i would like to get done because of i keep being put on the nappy change when really we should take it turns we even have a rota with whos turn it is on it to do the nappy change today it took an hour and ten minuets to change 5 children. and take the ones who are potty training potty its almost as though they want to do 1million in 3 hours which i cant possibly do. and also the other thing is i keep being told that i need to tell others what to do but i feel as though i cant because of i did today but no one really listened so i ended up doing it my self.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: new person at work - March 18th 2010, 09:57 PM

Hey Lydia,

I know how you are feeling. But all you can do is try your best. I think you should try giving other people things to do, it is unfair of you to do it all. Also, could you talk to your boss about the nappy changing and having less time to do your reports? It may be worth doing that as then they will understand. This isn't your fault and you should probably talk to a superior about this as it isn't fair on you. If you feel they are comparing you both, best thing you can try is to rise above them. You are better than them so don't let them get you down!

Take care.
Anna

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: new person at work - March 19th 2010, 07:25 AM

Your boss seems to be giving you the control of the other workers, so in a sense, more responsibility and higher status. Since they told you to assign the work to others, that's your job to make sure others comply and do it properly, otherwise, you end up doing extra work. I wouldn't complain to your boss, I'd try to have it so that the other workers comply with what is said because that will show the boss that I'm competent enough to handle to added responsibility. By complaining, you're admitting you're not competent enough and whoever the boss has next in line for this will likely take your place, and you'd better hope they don't do better, otherwise they rise and you don't (or you eventually get fired). Bosses generally do this when they think you're ready, so to you, it's a sign that your boss thinks you're good enough to do this and you don't want to show otherwise.

Just keep at it and try to get the other workers to comply and to do the tasks properly.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: new person at work - March 19th 2010, 07:53 PM

The only thing I hate is how workers moan and groan because they're told by a same leveled staff person to do something. I have to deal with moaning and whining all the time from workers. Anyways, I think as others have said you need to just control the workers even if they don't like it. If they don't do their said tasks then report them possibly.
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
Closed Thread