TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dying To Get Out
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Graduating and Ranting - February 2nd 2009, 10:18 PM

Okay, so i know your grad year is suppose to be all that, that your suppose to have fun, look your best and have dreamed about your prom all your life...
and well i did, i got the privillege to do that. But i mean, i am stressed out about it all.

I kinda just want to know how people feel about the "popular" groups having pretty well the only say in how the graduation ceremony and prom is going. What do you guys think?

I think that its not fair that the popular groups in my school, will have the grad theme they want, and well the other people have no say. But its a personal opinion.. they also get to have the grad song they want, which is kinda a bummer because i mean its not that "cool" if they get it all there way.

How would you guys go about dealing with this... I know i shouldn't stress out, but i mean its my dream too

(not sure if this went here but its related to school)

Ohh and maybe if you can think of three really good grad themes and songs if you can post them... i don't really know how to make my mind up =(

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Graduating and Ranting - February 3rd 2009, 03:42 PM

I'd be cheesed off with popular groups getting all the say but it's really a necessary evil - if you can't please everyone please the majority and the popular groups are, by definition, the majority.

I would go about it by raising the idea with your school committee/whoever is organising the prom and mention a few ideas of what you want. As for themes you've got me for I don't have an imagination and I'm a scruffy git xD but for songs I'd like

1. Sonne - Rammstein. Nothing like hard German metal to confuse popular kids

2. More than a Feeling - Boston. It's an epic song

3. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey. It's all in the title lol

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dying To Get Out
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Re: Graduating and Ranting - February 3rd 2009, 05:08 PM

Thanks, i think i will do that... i just was ranting.. it was bugging me, but oh well its democracy right, not everyone will be pleased

Closed Thread