TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kate_Madison Offline
Trying to be something more...
Not a n00b

Name: Kate

Not Good... - March 23rd 2010, 08:27 AM

So lately I've been slacking on homework and school to the point where I skip half the week and haven't handed in anything in weeks. It's getting ridiculous.
But I can't seem to stop. I sincerely find school boring. The sitting in class and doing school work is just so tedious. I don't dislike my teachers and in fact some of the assignments are interesting and I'd enjoying doing them but I can't bring myself to do them. When I do try I get distracted by EVERYTHING. I can't focus, I can't concentrate, I can't sleep at night and so I sleep through classes and after school hence not getting any homework or schoolwork done. This is becoming a very big problem. And all anyone does is yell at me and tell me I have to focus and buckle down and I try, I am trying but I just can't. What's wrong? I can't fail. Next year is my final year of high school and I need good marks. Help?

KATE
  Send a message via MSN to Kate_Madison  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Not Good... - March 24th 2010, 09:39 AM

Take the materials you need to study with, go into a quiet place in the house or school/other near-by library and do the work there. It's hopefully quiet so as to not distract you. For motivation, what career(s) do you want? Concentrate hard on them and imagine them and pretty much all other careers gone out of your reach. Imagine your friends and others whom you don't know loving their life and there you are with nothing. Hopefully that's enough motivation.

You may also want to consider asking someone in the class who is not your best friend but is smart to help you in case you find that due to your slacking off, you haven't a clue what to do for your work. You could also ask the teachers and chances are, at least one good teacher will be more than happy to spend time with you. If not, hire a tutor and you hand him/her the money (even if your parents give you the money). If you slack off from tutoring, then remember, it's your parents' money you tossed down the shitter due to laziness.

Hope that's a good enough motivator and strategy.

Closed Thread