TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Help? - April 21st 2010, 12:30 AM

I have to do some thing for my English class. It is a debate of sorts. Anyways, I have to argue against this statement:

Absolutely speaking, the more money, the less virtue

Anyway, I had two questions regarding this. Firstly, I know that the group I am arguing against is probably going to bring up all the corporations out there that have done scandalous things. I was wondering if anyone knows of any corporations that have done good things. And, the corporations that did do the scandolous things, does anyone know if they had done good things in the past. I don't expect you to give me detailed info on any of this I was just wondering if you could help me find a website or something.

And, here is another quote I will be arguing for:

The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think right

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could prove this. I already have quite a few but I was just wondering if anyone else could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Help? - April 21st 2010, 03:35 AM

Sorry to say but your first request for the first topic is hard to give a specific example for. "Good things" includes such a wide variety of things, even things that companies which have done scandals have done. You might as well then pick the same company the opposing side is using because chances are, it's done good and scandalous things.

Your second topic is pretty interesting and I'd say one argument would be that society and cultures have various norms and morals it teaches for one to follow. These can be considered "right" and can maintain group harmony. When breached, it creates chaos especially if every group member breaches. Evidence for this would be a nice urban or rural community before, during and after having an opposing force come in. When the things considered "right" are breached, people are more likely to do unethical, amoral and illegal acts.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Help? - April 22nd 2010, 03:51 AM

Thanks.

I realized that my first topic was a little broad. I was actually trying reconsidering trying to find some contributions that the 'bad' corporations made to society. It might better help with the argument.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread