TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Course problems - April 24th 2010, 10:30 PM

I am just finishing an NVQ level 2 in Business & Administration, originally I had planned to continue on a level 3 course. I have now found out that the college that I am at is only providing this course for 5 people and there are over 30 people competing for this positions. I am going to apply for the course, but due to illness and such, I don't think I will be asked to come onto the course.
Many people in my class have decided to go on to a book keeping class, but this isn't for me.
I have been looking online about Business courses and apart from the Level 3 in Business & Admin, I can't find anything else I am interested in. I have looked at other colleges and it seems that none in my area provide this course.
I am really at a loss for what to do next year now, and I have to decide pretty soon otherwise I am going to end up in a position of not having a college and having no work. Really and truly I am looking for an option where I can study and earn money at the same time.
Any help that could be given to me in making a decision would be greatly appreciated.
I am so stuck!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Course problems - April 24th 2010, 11:59 PM

Hold out hope, anything's possible - really exert yourself and show your true passion for what you're doing and there's every chance you could get a placement on the course.

I guess you have a couple of options...
1, Study something else for a year and try for the position again next year

2, Consider studying Business A-Level for a broader spectrum of knowledge?

3, Look a little further from home, you're entitled to help with travel funds.

4, Start to integrate yourself into the working world, building up your CV and work your way up the ladder that way. Some firms will pay for you to take further education. There may also be some apprenticeship schemes you could look at.
http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Ty...istration.aspx (That looks great)

Good luck!

Closed Thread