TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Question I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 26th 2010, 04:29 PM

I have Thyroid issues which causes me to become tired over pretty much nothing. For those who don't know what that is I can sleep for twelve hours easy and be tired later on in the day. It's a gland in my neck and my pitutary gland regulates it, I'm on medicine to regulate it blah blah.

I'm starting school on Thursday. I have to get up at 6:00 in the morning, be out the door at 7:00. School starts at 8:00-1:00... I just need some help from you guys on how to get myself up and to stay up. I already got the morning burst face wash and some nice necatrine soap. I heard Citrus wakes you up in the morning. What should I eat to help me stay away that's hot and fast? I'm not one of those grab a dry snack/fruit and go people.

Any tips on how to stay motivated would help a LOT guys. I'm going to need all the help I can. This is a huge step for me.

BTW, I'm going to school for Phlebotomy. I'll be in scrubs all day and white shoes.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Psychosomatic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 26th 2010, 07:28 PM

For getting up I find leaving my blind/curtains slightly or fully open so the early morning light wakes me up is helpful. Also don't have your alarm within reach so you have to get up to turn it off. To stay awake all I can think of is caffeine and sugar

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 26th 2010, 11:00 PM

As soon I wake up, I stick my ipod in my ears and don't take them out until its time to drive. The music really helps me wake up.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 27th 2010, 02:06 AM

Those are actually some great ideas. I'll have to try those.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 27th 2010, 03:04 AM

I mark what needs to be done on a calender in the kitchen so my family can remind me. I also have in my room stickies for the rewards, such as playing on the computer which can only be done once I have completed the designated tasks. If I don't complete them, then I don't use my computer or whatever the award is. If I'm very tired in the morning, then cereal with cold milk plus juice/coffee on the side tends to work to make me more alert.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ProjectD Offline
A Slave to Knowledge
Not a n00b

Name: Project

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 27th 2010, 04:18 AM

The way I wake up is very simple, I listen to this song that I love and it gets me up in a great mood too! (I have to arrive at school at 7:00)
Perhaps taking vitamin C may help. (In tablet form, or as orange juice.)
Those are some more natural ways to wake up. If those don‘t work then maybe try coffee as a last resort.

I am different.
I am strange.
I am creative.
I am destructive.
I am constructive.
I am trustworthy.
I am loving and forgiving.
These are the things that make me a Slave to Knowledge.
- ProjectD
"As a Slave to Knowledge I have the freedom to be as knowledgeable as I am ignorant."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 27th 2010, 05:03 AM

Holly I can guarantee this one will help. But your alarm clock on the other side of your room so when it goes off you will have to get up and donít get back on your bed walk around your house even go outside to get some sun even if you are still in your pjís the sun is good, drink a cold glass of water I donít know why but it helps me. Than get a cold shower and by cold I mean turn on only the cold side of the water. Also have the clothes you are going to wear the next day ready and handy and last post pictures of you in your scrub
About the food I will suggest you to drink orange juice which is rich in vitamins.
Good Luck on your first day.!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I Need To Get Up In The Morning, Help? - April 27th 2010, 09:49 AM

For me, I kept a checklist of work I need to do when I first get up, which gets me into the mood to get things done, and remind myself of what needs to be finished by today.

Then I either drink coffee or orange juice, depending on how I felt.

I also opened the window up too, the chilly breeze is definitely refreshing. If you have time, take a shower as well. I can't take cold shower or I will get sick, but it might works for you.

And btw, keep your blind open so that you see the morning light to adjust your biorthym.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

Closed Thread