TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1019 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i have a question on what i should do. - May 4th 2010, 02:37 AM

ok so i go into work today, im closing with the co manager, it's a tiny store in the mall so its just the two of us. each week we are given a sales goal. I've gotten two warnings within a month. it sounds bad HOWEVER the mall is a dying mall and i work mondays and wednesdays typically so that means i get NO customers. however, the plan was for me to be promoted by the end of july and all this stuff, anyways..out of some random turn, i'm suddenly in the doghouse. NOBODY else made their weekly goal and they didnt get warnings.

anyways, the co manager tells me about how the manager wants me to be fired, and told the co not to let me make my weekly goal so i can be fired, and also told the district manager that i've been stealing money out of the manager's purse. The co manager KNOWS it wasn't me because i wasn't working the night it was stolen, the main manager was.

so after a few choice words the co manager and i called the district manager and told them the situation and basically i was told there's nothing they can do to prevent the manager from trying to get me fired..

would i be able to do anything at all if i WAS fired?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i have a question on what i should do. - May 4th 2010, 02:51 AM

Do two things here - get a written statement from your coworker, and file a complaint with the state's labor board. You can also sue for wrongful termination if you get fired, naming both the company and manager as defendants, the manager for acting with malice and defamation, and the store for failing to act.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: i have a question on what i should do. - May 4th 2010, 07:12 AM

File a complaint to the ministry or department of labour for your area stating what happened along with stating the evidence you have. Any charges you file can be around slander/deformation of character that was involved in your wrongful firing. Also, you may be able to file charges on the store for knowing that the manager was doing this yet allowing it to happen anyways. This may be something that may also be dealt with by the ministry/department of labour for your area though.

Closed Thread