TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Unhappy I am going to fail my exam - May 9th 2010, 06:59 PM

Ok I am freaking out! We have our maths mock exam on Tuesday, and I know nothing. I know it's only a mock but I'm really worried about it because our teacher put the class into do our exam a year early (I'm year 9) and if we don't do well we will have to wait until next year to do it at the normal time. I have been revising like crazy but I can't remember anything I have learnt. I really don't want to fail. I also get distracted very easily and have huge problems concentration on something for a long time (weirdly only at home at school I'm fine) without anything else going on and my parents won't let me have music or tv on when I revise, I have told them it helps me but I can see why they say I can't so I don't argue too much. I am trying but it's hard.

But brother is trying to help me (He's amazing at maths) but I can't understand anything. And when I don't get something I panic and can't do anything else. I don't want to disappoint anyone. I have a day to learn everything, and I'm over a friends house tomorrow which gives me even less time. I am trying to learn it but I just can't. It's been really stressful in my life recently and I have anxiety which doesn't help. Any advice on how to learn everything? Please help....

Hugs to everyone

Reach for the moon,

If you fall you'll land among the stars

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: I am going to fail my exam - May 9th 2010, 07:31 PM

I would suggest just relaxing and trying your best, you might surprise yourself with what you know. It is only a mock so you can use this to help you see what you need to revise more. I would advise against revising to the point where you are stress and upset, then you will end up learning nothing at all, stay calm and just do as much as you can then where you start to get stress out take a brake and go back to it later when you have calmed down. When your brother is helping you remember to communicate with him, if you don't understand tell him, don't just nod and pretend you do like I used to do with my brother.

If you do end up failing it then remember it is a mock. You have been put in for this exam a year early but if you fail this mock then it may show that you are not ready to take this exam early. Then you can take it next year when you are ready.

Closed Thread