TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 10th 2009, 09:50 PM

I skipped band today.
And, of all people, my principal caught me. IN THE LIBRARY. I was doing research. Sort of. xD
It's the first time I've ever skipped, but I have a meeting with him in the morning and crap.
So, any ideas? Aha.

Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing
so write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'cause lately I'm not dreaming
so what's the point in sleeping?
it's just that at night
I've got nowhere to hide.
  Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 10th 2009, 09:56 PM

I would own up to it. If you were doing work, then you can talk about how you needed to do the work, but if you were just messing around, you should not lie.

If it's your first offense, nothing bad should happen to you, I've skipped class a few times to do work and I've never heard of anyone getting in seriously deep trouble just for skipping and going to the library. Plus, you skipped band, not like an academic course or anything. Just suck it up and tell the truth because I don't think it's worth lying.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 10th 2009, 09:58 PM

Just be honest with him. If you were doing work, like said, you shouldn't get in too much trouble since it was legit. But if you were just goofing off because you didn't feel like it, then you'll probably get in more trouble. But don't lie, like mentioned! Because if he asks to see what you were working on, you'll need to be able to show him.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Haley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 10th 2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Vincent View Post
I would own up to it. If you were doing work, then you can talk about how you needed to do the work, but if you were just messing around, you should not lie.

If it's your first offense, nothing bad should happen to you, I've skipped class a few times to do work and I've never heard of anyone getting in seriously deep trouble just for skipping and going to the library. Plus, you skipped band, not like an academic course or anything. Just suck it up and tell the truth because I don't think it's worth lying.
Well, my band director was reeeeeally pissed, according to one of my friends who had band that period, because others had skipped, too. So he sent a note down and they were hunting all of us down.
The one day I skip.
Any other day, I wouldn't have been caught.
xD
But, well, stupidity on my part.
They suspend you for getting punched at my school, even if you didn't hit back, so I don't know. They're weird.

Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing
so write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'cause lately I'm not dreaming
so what's the point in sleeping?
it's just that at night
I've got nowhere to hide.
  Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 11th 2009, 12:21 AM

We're not allowed to provide tips on how to skip school and/or lessons anyway so I'd say own up to it - at least you were doing research on site. You can always take up disputes with the governors anyway I believe

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 11th 2009, 01:26 AM

I'd say best to admit what you were doing. Lying isn't really going to get you anywhere in this simply because if it is a school network, they probably track the computer's tasks at any given time, so they could see if you were lying about what you were doing on the computer. Also, give the little speech of not doing it ever again, being all sorry and all that wash.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
R.K. Offline
Sweet Lord of the Rings!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 11th 2009, 02:23 AM

So... if they already caught you, why do you need advice?

Just don't skip anymore.

Send a message via Skype™ to R.K. 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Any idea on how to get out of trouble for skipping a class? xD - February 11th 2009, 02:08 PM

I normally say that I had some work to do that was due in soon, but that only works if you do have some work due soon, as a principle can check these things!

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

Closed Thread