TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
John Doe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hunter

Disqualified from Military Service, But Still Want In - June 17th 2010, 09:30 PM

At the end of last year, junior year in highschool, I tried to enlist in the Marine Corps. I got up to MEPS after flaking out on my recruiter about two times. It wasn't that I was afraid, it was I was to damn lazy to want to go to MEPS. When I got up there, I went through all the processing and got to the medical backgroud were I told them that I was observed in a hospital after family problems when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure it was for ADHD. Well that didn't match up with what I put before because I forgot to mention. My memory is that bad. So I was PDQ'ed after they pulled my medical records and found some of the information. I was really messed up once I hit puberty because of some stuff that happened when my stepfather being a total prick.
So I went to the National Guard recruiter in the intention of getting help in and after my service there, going into the Marine Corps. He dropped me to. Now I'm not sure but this just doesn't seem right. I've heard of people with some serious problems getting into the military, why can't I.
I'm pretty sure part of the problem is that the information I told them was gotten mostly from my mom who didn't tell me right. I told them that I was diagnosed with OCD and ADHD, which is what she told me I had. Well I was never actually diagnosed, the doctors just said I probably had it. She won't help me much, when I ask she just gets irritated and pissy.
I graduated from highschool now, going into college to hopefully become and cop and move into S.W.A.T in time, but it just doesn't feel right. There has to be a way to get into the Marines, cause thats all I really want to do. No purpose to life if you don't do something with it, and push yourself past your limits. I dropped [Edited] pounds in two years to have a chance at getting in, and I'm going to be pissed if it was for nothing.
Does anyone know any sites I can visit, people to talk to, or any help whatsoever?

Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right. ~H.H. "Breaker" Morant

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~Braveheart

Gather ye rose-buds while ye may;
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying.
~Robert Herrick

Last edited by .Brittany.; June 18th 2010 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight figures anywhere on TeenHelp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Disqualified from Military Service, But Still Want In - June 29th 2010, 01:08 PM

Hey there Hunter!

Sorry about the lateness of my reply. I believe that anything, is possible. Why not try your best and do the things that you got disqualified for, and try again? Did they say anything about trying again? Don't give up on your hopes and dreams. Get back there and prove them wrong

Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
shortazn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Monique Choi

Re: Disqualified from Military Service, But Still Want In - July 13th 2010, 04:45 PM

Are you still trying to get in? Maybe you should try another recruiter. If all fails, why don't you do Marine ROTC in college? Then you'll be able to join the Marines after college, but you would start off as an officer. If not, you could go to college then go to Officer Training School, then go to into the Marines. It seems to me that the recruiters just aren't listening to what you have to say though. I'm joining the military (I'm Army though) after college so I know a bit about getting in. Best wishes to you!

“Sometimes people play hard to get to know that the other person's feelings are real <3" -One Tree Hill.

add my facebook if you wanna talk!: www.facebook.com/shortyychoi

ARMY ALL THE WAY <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Disqualified from Military Service, But Still Want In - July 16th 2010, 04:30 AM

It may not be what you want to hear, but you may not be able to get in. See if you can appeal the decision, but I don't know who you would appeal too.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dedalus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Joe

Re: Disqualified from Military Service, But Still Want In - July 21st 2010, 01:05 AM

I've been in the army. Reading through your post you don't strike me as someone who would enjoy it. Its not what you imagine it to be. Its not exiciting and its not thrilling. It is high pressure and paranoia of letting your squad down. It is lots of square bashing and pointless exercises.

If you had those problems with your father it would be very easy for a corporal or sergeant to put you through those feelings again (I've seen it happen).

I don't think you'd enjoy the military.

Closed Thread