TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

My interesting story - August 18th 2010, 03:47 AM

Note: I've left out the names of the schools out of paranoia.

So I've just decided that I can't do anything easy. I am a BFA musical theatre major, which is an extremely hard major to get accepted into. So my senior year of high school I didn't get in any programs so rather than go to a school as a BA and transfer my parents decided it would be better to take a gap year and re-audition. So I did that and re-audition for a bunch of schools. While I was academically accepted to 16 schools I only got into 2 BFA programs and so I started at - University fall of 08. So that went ok. I liked the people, but not so much the program, so at the end of the semester I transferred to the University of -. That, for lack of a better phrase, was GOD AWFUL! Hated pretty much every minute of it. So fall 09 I started at - University. I had a really good year, got the lead in the musical, made a bunch of friends, and then the summer came. When I wasn't spending every day with my friends I found myself at first longing to be with them. Then it changed. I went up for my 21st birthday, I was planning to stay a week, I left early. I was just getting so annoyed by these people. And it just got worse from then on. The drinking was driving me crazy, I mean really every weekend sometimes every day of the week, and they are mostly underage, so where are they getting the alcohol. So at the end of last month another friend came to me and then we drove up to Jacksonville to see another friend in a show. We were there two days, and I was just a mess. So I wrote an email to my dad, basically saying I feel like I just can't fit in with these people anymore (since I only started to fit in when I started drinking which I wasn't going to do at all anymore) and also that I just couldn't get excited about school. Our season (the shows we were doing for the year) is rather sucky and I just couldn't get excited about any of my classes. So the next day me and the first friend leave for Atlanta to see her ex in a show, I stayed ay my aunt's. Then we drove back to my house the next day. So now I'm back home and my dad has decided that because of this email he can take the action he had wanted to earlier and start looking into other schools. Long story short I've been accepted into one of the top BFAs in the country. In a week I cancled all of my stuff for the one school and applied, and am still waiting to be accepted into the next. This new school is out of state and I'm freaking out a little. I mean I'm going in as a freshman BFA wise, which means I'll be 3 years older than everyone else in my class. So what I want to know is, how would you respond to someone who has a story like mine? What impression does that give off?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

Closed Thread