TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Is it worth it? - December 7th 2010, 03:49 AM

So I didn't do good on my math unit test. I got 60%, which is really good considering that I thought for sure that I failed it. However it brought my mark down to a 74. I want to do my restest for the unit test to bring the mark up. But I'm wondering now if it's really worth it.
Background info:
-I already have early admission into the uni I want. Since all my other marks are in the 80s, it's alright if this mark stays around 70 (unless i want to go into an honors program)
-I have one more unit and unit test after this.
-The diplomas in January are worth 50% of the overall mark
-In order to do the retest I have to complete most of the homework (there's a lot of it), plus a new booklet I'd get. If I get a good mark on the booklet, then I could do the retest. I did the retest for the unit before this, and he didn't check the homework for that one so I could maybe get away with not doing it. But it would look really bad if I said I was done most of it and I wasn't and he asked to see it.

So I'm not too sure if I should actually do the retest or not. Any thoughts?

You're amazing just the way you are

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Is it worth it? - December 7th 2010, 04:23 AM

Congrats on your early acceptance. I didn't know universities gave early acceptances in December. The ones I applied to last year gave them out around February.

I'd do the retest. You should try to get the highest mark possible and do your ultimate best. While you do have your early acceptance remember that it is only conditional. Plus, it seems like you have pretty good grades so why not aim for a scholarship? I got all of my early acceptances in February of last year and yet, I still worked extremely hard in second semester. Why? I got a $20,000 scholarship from the university I now attend because I killed myself to get my average up to 95%.

I know it's a lot more work but I'd say go for it. What if you change your mind and want to pursue an honours program? I mean, you seem to have the grades required to be placed in an honours program so why not put in the extra effort and go for it? Don't sell yourself short. Enjoy your last year of high school but try to get the most out of it. You'll miss it when you're PACKED with homework in university (like I am right now, ugh).

PM me if you have any other questions. I also live in Canada and went through this ENTIRE process last year. Seriously, I researched every single university in this country - even some you probably have never heard of.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread