TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

January Exams - January 9th 2011, 04:18 PM

So it's that time of year again where we have some exams. My first one's tomorrow, woo

So what exams does everyone have this month?

I have 2 Maths exams, 2 Biology exams, 2 Chemistry exams and a Psychology one.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: January Exams - January 9th 2011, 05:06 PM

I only have 2 which is amazing. This time last year I had 6 or 7.

I have Health and Social tomorrow and Biology on the 24th. It is pretty good having a full 2 weeks in between my exams.

I am pretty confident about health and social because the work isn't overly difficult and I have been doing past papers for weeks and getting As and I got an A in the mock. As long as the questions are fair and follow the pattern of the past papers I should be fine and I am aiming for an A but I only need B/C for Uni.

I got a C in my bio mock and if I got that in the real one I would be happy but I am aiming for a B. I just need to go over stuff about excretion and then I should be ok. I am just worried about the questions because some of the past papers are crazy.

Last edited by Melody Pond; January 9th 2011 at 05:15 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: January Exams - January 9th 2011, 05:10 PM

i've postponed my january exams until the summer but good luck to everyone who does have them! i hope you all get the grades you're hoping for.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: January Exams - January 9th 2011, 05:17 PM

I have..

Psychology (OCR) - 12th
Sociology (AQA) - 14th
Film studies (WJEC) - 19th

Not really looking forward to the film exam as it's 2 hours and a half long, but once I get into it, I should be fine. I'm predicted As in psychology and sociology, so I'm hoping the exams go well.

Good luck to everyone doing exams this month.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 06:24 AM

Just math, and english! xD I have it pretty good this year .

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 12:44 PM

I was supposed to have two exams before Christmas that were postponed (which is good because they would have been on my birthday!!) I have Psychopharmacology and Italian language on the 18th.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 01:47 PM

1 exam down, 6 to go.

Maths was today - Core 2 =/ Even if I've gotten all the marks for every question I did that's still not enough to pass

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity. View Post
1 exam down, 6 to go.

Maths was today - Core 2 =/ Even if I've gotten all the marks for every question I did that's still not enough to pass
I did Core 2 3 times and eventually got an E in it. I can do all of it now, I am helping some people I know doing AS maths and I get most of it right but fail exams. I hate maths....

Health and Social today was ok. There was a few odd questions but overall I think I have got a B. 2 full weeks of biology revision now. My Health and Social Coursework is on hold

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 04:33 PM

We do ours before we get out for Christmas and in May in the states (finals) so I do nothave any huge ones really in January.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 05:48 PM

i have two exams on wednesday: Psychology and Religious Studies. and i have Chemistry on Thursday, im absolutely dreading them
im gna fail!!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: January Exams - January 10th 2011, 08:20 PM

I have psychology on wednesday, law on thursday and communication&culture on friday. Ewwww

PM // VM

(#12 (permalink)) Old
electro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: January Exams - January 12th 2011, 10:30 PM

I had biology yesterday and have philosophy on friday - it's terrible because I just can't bring myself to revise for it (I'm resiting it) but last year the question was 'Grass is green discuss' and I'm terrified of a philosophical question coming up this year that I just haven't a clue how to go about answering in the time limit.

Then there is Core 3 (C3) maths next wednesday - anyone else doing that?

xx

(#13 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 03:01 PM

My exams were last month. I had Psychology, Statistics, Advanced Philosophy, and Logic. I had an Advanced English exam yesterday. I did very well on the four exams that I wrote in December. I don't think the same will be said about the exam I wrote yesterday, haha.

Oh, I also have a Mathematics exam on the 29th of this month.

SUP BRO.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 03:52 PM

I have Sociology on the 21st, English and Bio on the 24th, and Psychology on the 28th. Not looking forward to 2 exams in one day, but I'll manage. I did 3 back-to-back in the summer. Not fun.

Sociology is easy to revise for, but there is so much stuff What bugs me is that only 2 or 3 topics of the 20 we have to learn will come up on the exam. If I knew what question I would get, I'd appreciate revision much more than I do now!

I wish we had exam leave for January exams. I really hate revision classes at college 'cos they don't let us revise in our own individual ways.

Good luck everyone. I'm sure we'll survive!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 03:58 PM

I am quite scared for my bio on the 24th. I feel pretty confident and that scares me . I think I can do ok but it just depends on the questions and how they are worded and stuff. I am hoping there aren't too many how science works stuff either...

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post
I am quite scared for my bio on the 24th. I feel pretty confident and that scares me . I think I can do ok but it just depends on the questions and how they are worded and stuff. I am hoping there aren't too many how science works stuff either...
I can't stand How Science Works Are you doing A2 bio? I assumed you were because it's the same day as mine. I've been told there's lots of application in A2 and that's freaking me out big time.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgrenadeheart View Post

I can't stand How Science Works Are you doing A2 bio? I assumed you were because it's the same day as mine. I've been told there's lots of application in A2 and that's freaking me out big time.
Yeah, A2 OCR.
I am actually resitting the year. I did AQA and got a D and changed college and then they are doing OCR so I have had to change exam board and they have just transferred my C at AS over to OCR.

OCR is in a lot more detail that AQA though. I am ok if they just ask me how something happens but I have trouble applying it. I got a C on my mock though and I was ill and didn't really put my full effort into it and if I can get a C in the real on that would be great...

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 04:14 PM

Had sociology (aqa) today and it went really well. Child-centered society and marriage/cohabitation came up which I was confident about. My last exam is on wednesday, which is film. Other than that, I'm free from exams until April. xD

Good luck to everyone still doing exams.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I'm nervous for it too

And I have the Molecules, Health and Disease resit on Tuesday. Eeek.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: January Exams - January 14th 2011, 08:04 PM

Did anyone do the AS level communication & culture exam this morning? Did so badly

PM // VM

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Alvin719 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: January Exams - January 15th 2011, 05:36 AM

I have all my exams this coming week (computers, math, chemistry, ap euro, french, english speech)

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: January Exams - January 16th 2011, 04:19 AM

I haveUS history and government And I have Spanish 4 CAP final

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: January Exams - January 23rd 2011, 12:27 PM

How are people feeling for bio tomorrow?

I have the basics down and I am going over some of the more difficult and odd topics that we haven't done much work on like Beta oxidation.
Also I have finally got selective re absorption down which for some reason I have been struggling with but it seems so simple now

I am going over key words and definitions now too just to make sure I get the quality of written communication marks.

I am hoping for some nice big questions on Photosynthesis and Respiration (hopefully just normal questions about it and not how science works ones with graphs and stuff). I would quite like some excretion stuff and a nice big question on the control of blood glucose please
I need to go over control of temperature and nerve transmission today because it was the first thing we learnt in September so I just need refreshing on that and then I'm good to go.

I am feeling oddly confident which I don't like but I think if I don't panic I can get a good grade. My doctor and teacher have both recommended Kalms before the exam to help with my nerve which always make me mess up.

Last edited by Melody Pond; January 23rd 2011 at 12:33 PM.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: January Exams - January 23rd 2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
How are people feeling for bio tomorrow?

I have the basics down and I am going over some of the more difficult and odd topics that we haven't done much work on like Beta oxidation.
Also I have finally got selective re absorption down which for some reason I have been struggling with but it seems so simple now

I am going over key words and definitions now too just to make sure I get the quality of written communication marks.

I am hoping for some nice big questions on Photosynthesis and Respiration (hopefully just normal questions about it and not how science works ones with graphs and stuff). I would quite like some excretion stuff and a nice big question on the control of blood glucose please
I need to go over control of temperature and nerve transmission today because it was the first thing we learnt in September so I just need refreshing on that and then I'm good to go.

I am feeling oddly confident which I don't like but I think if I don't panic I can get a good grade. My doctor and teacher have both recommended Kalms before the exam to help with my nerve which always make me mess up.
I'm liking the big question on blood glucose control idea :P

I'd also like one on how action potentials occur/cross synapes or temperature control or selective reabsorption or oxidative phosphorylation.

I'd like a few easy questions like labelling the Krebs Cycle or Calvin Cycle - I hope to God I don't muddle them up.

I'm not too hot on the liver so need to be going over that in great detail today and tomorrow morning.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: January Exams - January 23rd 2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity. View Post

I'm liking the big question on blood glucose control idea :P

I'd also like one on how action potentials occur/cross synapes or temperature control or selective reabsorption or oxidative phosphorylation.

I'd like a few easy questions like labelling the Krebs Cycle or Calvin Cycle - I hope to God I don't muddle them up.

I'm not too hot on the liver so need to be going over that in great detail today and tomorrow morning.
I keep getting oxidative and photo phosphorylation mixed up which is annoying me now.
My teacher was quizzing us and he said "What accepts H+ after it has passed through ATP synthase in respiration and what does it make?" and I was like NADP and e- to make reduced NADP and he was like and then I realised it was oxygen and e- and it makes water...

I just hope I don't make silly mistakes like that in the exam...

I do like synapses
I would love a label the synapse question.

I'm ok with the liver except for the ornathine cycle I just can't remember it...There are too many cycles...

I have just been over osmoregulation and I'm surprised how much I understand that.

After doing past papers now and getting my mum to quiz me I have realised I just need to go over the liver a bit and refresh myself on action potentials and temp control.

I am just praying for nice questions that are in English and not ones you have to decode to understand what it is even asking...

Closed Thread