TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 17th 2011, 06:28 PM

I had an extremely tough World Lit I teacher. I went into that class too confident, and she swallowed me whole and spit me out bone dry. I ended up having to withdraw from that class because I was on the verge of failing that class. I wasn't penalized for the withdraw since I withdrew early, and now I decided to take World Lit II to fill up another class.

So, I withdrew from World Lit I, therefore didn't complete the class. I talked with a few people who actually skipped World Lit I and went onto II because they said that "World Lit I and II are the same but just with different material." So I'm going into World Lit II with the impression that nothing is going to be different than World Lit I than just the material. I don't have the same teacher as I did in World Lit I, looked her up and she was "good at grading", plus she's hott, so I don't think I have anything to worry about the teacher. As far as the material goes, should I be concerned?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 17th 2011, 08:30 PM

I would advise that you make sure World Lit I is not a prerequisite to World Lit II, since it kinda does sound like one builds on the other. With that being said, I know of courses where the "II" course was much easier than the "I" course. It really depends.

As for the course material, ask advisors in your faculty about the differences. Better yet, ask other students who taken the course. Perhaps you could pose this question on an online forum that's centered towards your school? Also, check the course syllabus if you haven't already. You'll be able to get a feel of where the course content is going by doing that. If there are any required texts posted on the syllabus, you could look those texts as well to see if you'll enjoy the readings (as well as getting a headstart in your class).

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 19th 2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
..plus she's hott...
Don't withdraw.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 19th 2011, 05:37 AM

I would think you'd need Lit I to do Lit II, as most courses I've encountered that have part I and II need part I first. Take a look at what the syllabus is so you can look through some of the books before hopping into the course.

However, you said one extremely vital piece of information... she's hot. To me, that's good enough.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 19th 2011, 06:34 PM

In order for me to transfer, I need a History. We have History I and History II. I'm taking History II because that's what fit into my schedule. It's just later years. In my case, History one is not a prerequisite.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: World Lit I vs. World Lit II - January 19th 2011, 08:17 PM

I think you will be fine depending on how good or bad the teacher is. I don't think history will be any more difficult from one course to the next. I think what really determines weather or not it will be difficult is the amount of work given in the course. How much papers, notes, assignments you have to keep up with. But like I said my assumption is you will be just fine.

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
Closed Thread