TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

How do you join a college greek fratenity? - January 31st 2011, 07:55 AM

Hey there, For those of you who are in college or been in there.

For me, college is around the corner. I was curious about how people sign up/join a greek fraternity? Is there sign ups? and/or is there really a intiation? and etc.

thanks

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Classified

Re: How do you join a college greek fratenity? - February 9th 2011, 08:29 AM

At my school they have Meet the Greeks where all the fraternity/sorority brothers/sisters get together and freshman (or independents) can go and meet the different fraternities and see the people they might get along with/programs they would enjoy. And then you do Rush Week, where you go to events held by different fraternities and get to know the brothers and decide who you want to rush with. Then there is the initiation process and you get your Big brother, (can't say I know all about that, being a girl/not in a fraternity/sorority but I know a lot of guys/girls that do it and love it. They all say initiation week is "The best time of their lives that they never want to do again!" So I hear it's a lot of fun and some work, and you get to know a lot of great people. Hope this helps!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: How do you join a college greek fratenity? - February 11th 2011, 10:19 PM

I'm in a sorority and honestly, Greek life is just amazing. Each frat/sorority recruit in different ways. Research the frats at the school you're interested in attending and email their recruitment representative. Recruitment can be either formal or informal. Formal recruitment usually happens at the beginning of the school year and involves you visiting all of the frat houses on campus to see which one you like/which like you. Some frats/sororities also participate in informal recruitment, whereby they meet potential members and meet with them on a one-on-one basis.

Google the frats at your school - that's a great start! Email them and show them you're interested.

Good luck

SUP BRO.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: How do you join a college greek fratenity? - February 14th 2011, 12:51 AM

Depending on which college you attend, they'll have postings on the internet or in the dorms explaining when and where you can meet members of Greek Row. I am not part of a sorority, although, I have thought about it several times.
My cousin is in one, and she absolutely loves it. I got to visit his house, when they still had one, and it just seemed really, really fun. Each girl got to decorate their own rooms the way they wanted, and it all seemed like a good time!
I hope you choose one that's right for you, and keep in mind, if your looking for a party frat, a lot of Greek Life houses nowadays are dry houses and can get shut down if alcohol is found on the premises (Just a fair warning!).
Good luck with applications and choosing the right school!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread