TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alvin719 Offline
Not a n00b

Is this a good schedule for junior year of hs? - February 24th 2011, 10:45 PM

Well, I'm really nervous about all my classes because next yr. I'm a junior and everyone is like freaking out because everyone says that it will be the hardest year. I planned out my schedule and am planning to register in the next few days, do you think this will be good?

Honors French IV
US History I-II
Honors Anatomy and Physiology
Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry
Art 1 (read below)
Honors Physics
English 11

Oh and btw, I know I'm stupid that I'm in Art 1 it's because I haven't taken it yet, not sure if i should take it junior year or replace it with a better class.

So yeah that's my schedule (or hopefully) that i planned out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good, bad, etc?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Boxy Offline
Clinically Liz
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Boxy or Liz

Re: Is this a good schedule for junior year of hs? - February 24th 2011, 11:23 PM

Sounds pretty good to me
As for the art class, if you are interested in art I'd say take it. When I took art 1 there were juniors and seniors in my class too not just freshman and sophomores. If you're only concerned about being a junior in such a low level class, don't let that hold you back! If art is really something you wanna do go for it!

1:44 PM [Cassago] I'll be your glass slipper, if you'll be my foot..
1:45 PM [Boxy] i'll be your foot anyday

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing

Send a message via AIM to Boxy Send a message via MSN to Boxy Send a message via Yahoo to Boxy Send a message via Skype™ to Boxy 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alvin719 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Is this a good schedule for junior year of hs? - February 25th 2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
Sounds pretty good to me
As for the art class, if you are interested in art I'd say take it. When I took art 1 there were juniors and seniors in my class too not just freshman and sophomores. If you're only concerned about being a junior in such a low level class, don't let that hold you back! If art is really something you wanna do go for it!
Okay, thanks for the reply, just making sure I have okay classes because I'm planning on going to the medical field in college

EDIT: Okay I might just take regular physics, seems hard lol

Last edited by Alvin719; February 25th 2011 at 04:28 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Is this a good schedule for junior year of hs? - February 25th 2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin719 View Post
Okay, thanks for the reply, just making sure I have okay classes because I'm planning on going to the medical field in college

EDIT: Okay I might just take regular physics, seems hard lol
If you're going into the medical field, it's often recommended to have some knowledge of chemistry, particularly organic chemistry. As someone who is studying in this area, although biology is largely the focus, you'll also learn how certain processes work and get into detailed biochemistry later on. Knowing chemistry helps quite a lot because it can help you understand why molecules may behave in the way they do, why certain molecules can do certain things while others cannot (i.e. lipid solubility vs insolubility) and you usually are required to do at least first year, usually second year college/university chemistry courses. Physics can apply to certain areas of the body more than others, some of which you may actually cover in high-school. I assume you're in the US so I'm not sure what topics are covered when in high-school. When it comes to neuroscience (area I'm in), you'll need to know some physics particularly of electricity to understand bioelectricity. Math is something required also so keep that and depending where you go, you may need to do a first year college/university course in calculus but you don't usually need to do one for physics.

Things like art and history don't matter for such fields although if you like it, then take it. Medical schools do require you to do courses in English and even if you don't plan to go to medical school but go for research, again, you'll need English, at least first year college/university. Back in first-year university, there was a girl applying for medical school, had amazing grades and everything but got rejected because she didn't do a course in English. If you want to go beyond a Bacehlor's degree, if you don't have courses in English done or if you're English is poor, you'll have to do additional tests for assessing your language capabilities.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Is this a good schedule for junior year of hs? - February 26th 2011, 02:18 AM

Sounds very good. If you can manage to do well on those honors courses, you'll be in a great position. Also, if you're even remotely interested in art, I'd say go ahead and take it; it may end up being the best decision of your life for all you know! Good Luck!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread