TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shahzadashraf30 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I don't remeber anything. Advise me - August 13th 2011, 07:54 AM

I have been going through a problem for some time. i have noticed it for a while but now i think its getting serious. If i meet some new people and after some days i dont remember their names. same is the case with my studies, i had exams couple of months back n i got worst result ever in my life 7%. that time i noticed that whenever and whatever i prepare for my Exams, i cant recall it in exam hall.
Due to the failure and bad performance i been through high depression. now i need to go through exams in a couple of months but with that condition i don't think i can perform well. I read, read n read my books but i cant remember any topic. please advise me some thing. thanx

Last edited by PSY; August 14th 2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Moved to the "Education and Careers" forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I don't remeber anything. Advise me - August 14th 2011, 09:22 PM

I'm in the same boat as you with the names I’m the most distracted person you will ever meet. But that is because I’m doing other things when people introduce themselves to me (which I know is bad etiquette) I just can’t help it my focus time spam is about 30 seconds. But the more stuff we have going on in our lives the less we can concentrate on the smaller things such as names. One thing I do to remember names is whenever I meet a new person I try to treat them as if they were the most important person in the world, like if I was meeting the president or something I try to focus in them and you have no idea how much that works.
From the information you provided it seems like you literally can't retain any new information at all, if that is it is possible that you've just got a bit of a bad memory or if it is genuinely as bad as you say then you need to go get it checked out by a neurologist.
Good Luck.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
shahzadashraf30 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't remeber anything. Advise me - August 17th 2011, 06:23 PM

thanx for the replying to my post. i was perfectly fine like a year back. infact i had a gud memory, was gr8 with numbers, general knowledge etc. i had a gud IQ level but now watever is happening to me is outrageous. i cant even recall things happend to me in near past nw. i didnt had bad memory but nw i cant figure out wats happening.
if i go to a psychiatrist or neurologist, they'll come up with number of diseases or disorders like depression, stress etc etc. that wont b helpful infact that will make me more problematic.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: I don't remeber anything. Advise me - August 18th 2011, 07:18 AM

Maybe you're overloading with information? Maybe you need a break? Have you thought about taking part time studies instead? At least then you won't be too pressured and you might have room in your memory for the little stuff. I know when I get overloaded with information, I tend to forget what I had for dinner the night before. That's when I know it's time to take a break and step back from the study to get my head around things.

Otherwise, you might have to see a psych. I don't know what a psych is/could be like, but I'm sure they try to keep it as un-intimidating as possible.

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread