TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Question Voulenteering - August 21st 2011, 02:31 AM

Im sorry if this is in the wrong place since tecnacly voulenteering isent education or a career, but it's pritty close I hope youll agree, and I can't find anywhere elce to put it.

Anyway, I am a VERY charitiable person who loves to voulenteer. -Yeh Im one of those people who things of others rather than theirself.
(I am currently supporting 7 charities all through voulenteering) Yeh wow that achally sounds like loads. But I still have LOADS of free time. So Im just wondering if they is anywere/anyway that people know of that I could get more voulenteering?
I guess that's because four of them are part of one 30min meeting each week at school-wich I obvesly havent done for a while now since it is hoilidays. Another one is something online wich they do not want me to do atm. So that just leaves TH! (woo!) and another wich is also online.

I struggle to get acepted though. Because I have SEN and I COULD possibly be classed as disabled many places turn me down and it simply isent fair. So any advice please?

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Voulenteering - August 21st 2011, 11:50 AM

They have no right to turn you down.
It's discrimination.

As for volunteering, many charities only take people on at 16 for legal reasons, but going into charity shops in town and asking if they want any extra help could be a way to start.

I volunteer at my local library over the summer because they have a yearly scheme. And my council has a huge volunteer programme that keeps me informed of upcoming oppertunities. Maybe you could check online to see if anywhere is after volunteers.

As I say, when you turn 16 you'll probably find it easier to find places that'll take you on, and people say that volunteer work is the way forward.
Music festivals and huge events are also great places to volunteer and it is huge fun

Good luck with everything dear <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TodaysMiracles Offline
~Expect Miracles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shane Belceto

Re: Voulenteering - August 23rd 2011, 05:18 AM

First off love your collection of quotes in your sig file ... Thank you for sharing them.

Next I agree you should not be turned down unless you could harm yourself or others by doing it. So if you are passient of the place talk to someone else there to get in.

Now as for where to go I suggest first think of your passions? People experiencing homelessness? Kids? Seniors? Animals? The Wilderness? Our plannet? Books like above? etc. What is it you truly love and love to do? From this find local places and then you can seek which ones need your skills and abilities to help as a volentier. You may also consider finding a place that helps people like yourself since you ahve that experience.

~Expect Miracles

Ask me how you too can become a certified life coach as a teen or teen like person helping other teens through their goals and life, highly rewarding as you know.

Walt Disney shared, "If you can dream it YOU can do it!"
Facebook: http://facebook.com/belceto
@TodaysMiracles on Twitter
YouTube http://youtube.com/personaldevelopments
  Send a message via Skype™ to TodaysMiracles 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Re: Voulenteering - August 23rd 2011, 10:40 PM

Thank's for the reply's both of you

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TodaysMiracles Offline
~Expect Miracles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shane Belceto

Re: Voulenteering - August 23rd 2011, 11:11 PM

Quite welcome ... thanks for helping get me starte don here smiles =)

~Expect Miracles

Ask me how you too can become a certified life coach as a teen or teen like person helping other teens through their goals and life, highly rewarding as you know.

Walt Disney shared, "If you can dream it YOU can do it!"
Facebook: http://facebook.com/belceto
@TodaysMiracles on Twitter
YouTube http://youtube.com/personaldevelopments
  Send a message via Skype™ to TodaysMiracles 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Voulenteering - August 24th 2011, 12:15 AM

Join a Vol. Fire Department... That will eat into alot of your free time, trust me. haha

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Voulenteering - August 25th 2011, 05:43 AM

Where are you already volunteering now?

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

Closed Thread