TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

I don't care about school - September 2nd 2011, 10:03 PM

I don't want to go to school. I've hated every year since preschool. Everyone wants me to do clubs and sports. I just want to show up and go home. I don't want to make any new friends, go to any dances or sports events. They were talking about preparing you for the future after high school. After high school my plans consist of sitting on the couch in my underwear at my parents house.

Maybe I'll talk to the counselor.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I don't care about school - September 2nd 2011, 10:28 PM

Hello,

School can suck loads at times but you should know that it can be your key to success. A well educated person will have more job prospects that one that doesn't care. You never know you could be wasting a talent that you haven't found because you aren't bothered with school

As I say its the person that makes the school not the other way round. So its up to you to work hard. Making friends now will help you out later in life socially as well

I hope you do try to see some light in school because it can be easy at times to just give up

Best of luck

(#3 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I don't care about school - September 3rd 2011, 05:28 AM

One of my classes has fifty kids in it. There are hour and a half long blocks. My math class has thirty kids in it. It's set up so I fail.

I know you can get extra help, but I need extra help in every class and there's only one study hall every other day.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I don't care about school - September 3rd 2011, 07:18 AM

Is it possible for you to see your teachers after school? Maybe when they're grading papers or something? Honestly, sometimes I feel the exact same way you do about school even though I have goals and know its really important. But a little one-on-one time with your teachers can do wonders. It's a lot easier to follow along and want to pay attention in class when you know what's going on. Make it a priority to set up appointments with each of your teachers and tell them everything that you don't understand in the coursework. Don't leave anything out, even if you feel stupid asking. Homework and everything will be easier once you get a little help.

You can do so much with your life. What are your interests? What do you like to do? Wasting away your whole life at your parents' house doesn't sound like much when you could be doing so much more. Meeting with your counselor might be a good idea as she can give you more ideas as to what career paths you might want to pursue. Good luck!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Loxxi Deloxity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Loxxi

Re: I don't care about school - September 14th 2011, 08:39 PM

School is important in order to go onto college and University etc. The vast majority of people hate school. It's a known fact. If you don't want to join clubs then be selfish and don't do it. People have no right to force you to do activities. Mixing with very few people can assure some sort of success and you can use them in order to get through school and never ever see them outside of it. Leave your relationship with them as purely educational. It may sound sociopathic but trust me it works =] After high school why don't you do something at a college? It's a more relaxed environment and they treat you like an adult. Plus you can do pretty much whatever you want! A counsellor can advise you in these sort of situations xxx Good luck xx

~Loxxi~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: I don't care about school - September 15th 2011, 10:32 AM

First i'll rant in bullet points
  • We are very lucky to be at school
  • Taxes pay for it! LEARN!
But school can suck sometimes, but maybe you can find a club you enjoy? I didn't wanna join clubs either until I found the Radio club and ultimate frisbe team Just do what interests you, they'll be something and you make loads of friends at clubs!

Quote:

After high school my plans consist of sitting on the couch in my underwear at my parents house.

In england, there is a Tv show called Young. dumb and living off mum. Don't be a scrounger, get up and get the grades and get the job! That's harsh, but that is reality!

Proof, I'm deaf but I got the grades and I now go to sixth form and have a paying job.

You are being very ungrateful, you may hate school, so do most of us, but we pursue it! Don't join clubs, fine But make the effort and stay off the couch!
Ask to see teachers after school, ask for extra support!

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I don't care about school - September 15th 2011, 12:47 PM

School sucks, I know. I use to feel the same but now that I've finished, had to go out into the world and get myself a job, I've realised that despite how much it sucked, school was important.

You might be planning to sit on the couch, watching TV once you finish school but that won't get you anywhere and eventually you're going to have to get up, go out and start doing things such as getting a job, getting yourself somewhere to live etc. and if you don't go school and get the education you need, it makes it harder to do those things. Isn't there someone at the school you can talk to about receiving the help you need? If you really need it, I'm sure they'll be happy to help. You could also try and make some friends in your classes, who can also try and help you in lessons if you're having some trouble with it. Just don't give up with it, in the end it'll be worth going through it all

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: I don't care about school - September 15th 2011, 02:20 PM

When you need that job at some point in the future, they'll look right at your level of education. Many places today automatically turn you down if you don't have at least a high school diploma or GED, or something of equivalence. Like.. McDonalds. You have to graduate from high school to be able to work there. So imagine, if you wanted a much better career, it's going to take much more than that.

I didn't want to stay in school or go to college for the longest time, then one day it hit me and realized that if I don't, I'm screwed. It just takes time to find something you're passionate about. Trust me, from the person who did nothing and hated the first 2 years of high school, I'm now sitting in my dorm at college, realizing that coming here is the greatest choice I may ever make. And when you do find that passion, if you do decide to go to college, those clubs and activities are going to be the deciding factor between you and others. So if you do decide that you want to go past high school, that's what makes the difference.

And just because you have large classes doesn't mean you're being set up for failure. I graduated with about 600 to 700 kids. I almost failed my first 2 years of high school. I wasn't set up for failure, I set myself up for it. I graduated #45 in my class after 2 years of hard work. The only thing that'll make you fail is yourself. Nobody else can do that.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#9 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I don't care about school - September 15th 2011, 08:32 PM

This doesn't really apply anymore because I was mad when I wrote this. I'm mad when I write a lot of things. Maybe I should stop coming on the internet when I'm mad. Whoops

I actually won't be able to do any sports or more than one club becuase they give such a heavy workload you come home and work and study for hours. I just want to finish everything related to school forever. I have good grades.

EDIT: Okay, you know what, usually I'm a very nice person but I'm very hot tempered. Please allow me to be a bitch for a few moments of your life. I'm not going to be happy about something I'm being forced to do. Do I have every intention of getting good grades? Yes. Do I have any intention of learning anthing? No. I do not intend to ever use any of the information will be forced to learn for the next four years. Hell, I don't remember anything I learned last year. Face it, you're not going to remember or actively use a large majority of what you "learned" in school, nor will you apply it unless your career is on that subject. I'm not going to find my "pasion" filling out worksheets mindlessly. School was a good idea that got lost along the way and turned into ... this.

Like I said, I should stop coming on here when I'm mad.

Last edited by vrgtfvgt4vg; September 16th 2011 at 04:23 AM.

Closed Thread