TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say whatís on my mindÖ
Average Joe

Exam results - September 14th 2011, 08:52 PM

Sorry this is going to be really quick, it's just that I don't have time right now (although come 3am when I inevitably cant sleep Ill have loads of time then) It's just that I need answers ASAP, so am poasting it breifly now

2 Weeks after my Granny died I was forced to sit 2 GCSE exams. This week I got the results. At the time I foucsd on only L&T (leisure and tourism) since I enjoyed it and wanted to do my best. I dident care about RE.
In all the L&T mocks I had got A*. That's after never being able to do any homework, I was ALLWAYS ahead of the rest of the glass. I just have a natural gift for doing well in exams. The lowest I ever got in a exam is 81%-English SAT's.

So I wanted a L&T A* and RE anything e? f? Really couldent care.
I found that I got B in RE, and was one mark off an A. Shurly then I passed L&T too? Right?
Wrong
I got D.

I cant bring myself to tell anyone, Iv never failed anything.. I just feel so useless, like Im a failuer at everything. Im really struggling with it all.
It just feels like no-one wants me, no-one cares..

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Exam results - September 15th 2011, 12:16 AM

Aww, don't beat yourself up.
Quote:

Iv never failed anything.. I just feel so useless, like Im a failuer at everything
This is clearly wrong.. I don't want to sound mean but let's put this into perspective, you are not a failure at everything, you didn't do so well in one gcse exam, at a time when you were under stress because of your Granny's death. People will understand, and you don't have to tell anyone if they don't ask. I'm guessing you've just started year 11 so if it matters to you, why don't you ask the school if you can resit it next year? Also did you ever look at the 'extenuating circumstances' thing? I don't know if you can do that after the exam though, and it probably wouldn't bring your mark up to where it should be based on mocks.

I know what it's like to feel that you're not allowed to fail. But everyone is human, and yeah its nice to be good and things and to do well without trying but that doesn't mean things are always going to go your way. And I know other people can be cruel sometimes (at school I had kids cheering if they did better on a test) but really its because they wish they had the success you do the rest of the time.

It sounds like you're pretty down at the moment, and I don't know how much of that is attributed to this one exam, but if you can talk it through with a school counsellor, or even just your mum. There will be lots of people in your life who care but sometimes its hard to see that. Hoping you feel better soon

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
Average Joe

Re: Exam results - September 26th 2011, 05:50 PM

Yeh, I just started year 11

I had a trainee social worker at the time. And had had them for the whole tearm. She told me that the 'extenuating circumstances' thing said that id automaticly not do the exams. The parents evening was between her death and the exams (on the day of the funeral, what a day that was-I left school to get to it, then had to rush back to parents eve-unseprisingly my mum wasent focused on anything related to parents eve..)

We tried to expain it to the teachers, but they were all un-sympathetic, and just went crazy that I HAD TO do the exams. And now they should face the consequnce that has left me feeling as I do.

But no, they all leave me. I have no-one to talk to now as people have all changed jobs over the summer. Their are some (but less) people now but I dont trust any of them. and dont plan to talk to them enough to get to trust them before I leave the school. Iv already asked if I can talk to who I had last year anyway and they said Its not allowed.

1 of the 2 L&T teachers spoke to me after school. She said that they are going to get my paper back, and that school will pay for me to retake it next year if I wanted to.

I dont know what I want. Iv still got just as much problems now as I had then (just different ones!) Im still a young carer, and Iv got to deal with mums emotions as well as my own, added to being able to do no homework, still half moved house and cant find anything and its looking at a recipie for dizaster.

This past week i felt even worse-like suicidle the entire week.

I got no-one now.

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Exam results - September 30th 2011, 12:30 PM

Honestly don't worry about it. It honestly won't effect your life that much so it's not worth the worry and upsetness. It's a case on it sucks but I have to accept it and move on to bigger, better more important things.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
Average Joe

Re: Exam results - October 2nd 2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMadness View Post
accept it and move on to bigger, better more important things.

Ill do my best!

Dipka x

the following thread

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

Closed Thread