TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WildHeart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Suz

Home school to public high school? - October 5th 2011, 04:34 PM

Ok I hope this belongs in this column... Anyways I haven't been very happy being homeschooled, actually not happy at all. I'm a naturally social person and I hate being locked up in the house 24/7! I really want to give public high school a try next year, we have one with a good reputation only about 2 miles from where I live. But here's the problem, my mom won't listen to me when ever I try and ask about publi school, she just assumes its cause I 'want to try something new' which is parsley corect but that's not the full reason. So I really want to convince my mom to let me go to public school next year, but how? And one more question if it just so happens that I DO convince her, do you guys have any tips, I would be an incoming freshman.

People say I'm happy, and I'm good at what I do, but what people never realize is that I'm a damn good actress too...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Home school to public high school? - October 6th 2011, 09:47 PM

You could first approach her on why she is against you going to public school. I would get why she won't let you then tell her why you want to go. But go into it first by saying you want to have an adult conversation about it and that you want her to listen to you open mindedly and you will do the same. Then have your talk after you both have talked about your points.

You then could ask her if you could try at least one semester of public school and see how you do and if you do well and prove you can handle it then go from there.

As far as tips. Just be yourself. It won't be as scary or nerve wrecking as you think it would be since you would be going in as a freshmen when their is a whole lot of new kids coming in and your not starting in the middle of a semester and because of this I think it will be a lot easier to meet new people and make some great friends.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Golem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Home school to public high school? - October 7th 2011, 12:53 AM

Frist of all i dont see any reason why anyone shouldn't have thr igth to go to a public school.(unless some how ill)

I would just confront your mom with the fact that public school is not only about education but also about your social life.
As said try to have a normal conversation , calmly expressing your desire and your arguments but also let your mom tell you her reason why she doesnt want you to go to a public school, take her input in account.(she migth have good reason which could or wont be of importance to you)

As far as being a freshman , just be kind , yourself and if u have any weird factors to your personality i wouldn't try to show them off straight away.

Good luck
-Golem

Closed Thread