TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Senior Project. - October 6th 2011, 11:05 PM

Ok, so I'm not entirely sure where to put this at, so should it fit somewhere better instead, please feel free to move it.

At my high school, Seniors are required to spend the majority of their school year working on a project (it has to meet a minimum of 25 hours of research/work) or writing a paper. I've choosen to complete the project, and I intend to do one centered around art. (should find out sometime next week if my idea is approved).

Basically, to keep this brief my idea is to organize an art event. The event will be open to the community as an art show displaying local students art - where they will also recieve the opportunity to purchase art pieces they have an interest in. All the kids who submit art will automatically be entered into a contest, with cash prizes. I plan on creating 2-5 pieces to add to the show and auction.

I plan on charging a $1-$2 fee for entry into the show, or those attending can bring one (or more)canned good item(s) per person.

All profits earned will go to local charities. Canned items will go to our local foodbank, and the cash will go to a local charity or organization in need of donations, such as the boys and girls club.

Now, the one thing I've yet to determine, is what to request the art be of. I was thinking things like landscapes, abstract works, and maybe local landmarks. Anyone have any imput on this? I need ideas that would likely receive a decent interest base for buyers. (I am fully aware responses won't be entirely if at all applicable to my community, I just want to see other peoples opinions on this, and suggestions if anyone has them.)

Thanks guys(:

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
You can't go on suffering
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bpaley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Senior Project. - October 9th 2011, 04:18 PM

Research the history of your town,this will give an idea of what your town was like 20 or even 50 years ago. You can also ask people in your community what kind of art they like. Even going to a community meeting will help you find out about local issues going on in your town. This will all help you determine what kind of art people will like to buy. Having art that has a direct connection to the town will help a lot.
For example if the people in your town are requesting yoga classes, then have the artists make art that is peaceful and calm. This will help in designing your town's future yoga center. You will also be helping people in the community have their voices heard.
Hope this helps.

Closed Thread