TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
OneInAMillion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 21st 2011, 04:36 PM

Well basically im 17, applied for the army and heard from them yesterday, and have a interview on monday at 10 o'clock, i know ive got to wear smart casual clothes etc, im a confident person, but the thing im worried about is i have ADHD and have been on medication for many years, the thing is though, ive never done anything bad in my life, never been in toruble with the police, never been drunk, never taken drugs otherthan the ADHD perscribed, and ive never party'd, ive given my life up for the army, and im hoping when i go to the interview they will see that i am 100% commited to the cause and that ADHD shouldnt be looked upon for me, because i know it can be a no no to join the army if you have it, could anyone shed some light on it please?

id be very appricitive!

EDIT: im applying for infantry soldier (front line)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
California Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joseph

Re: FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 22nd 2011, 01:00 AM

"Under the old standards, any history of ADD or ADHD was disqualifying. While waivers were sometimes possible, they were among the hardest categories of waivers to get approved. Under the new standards, ADD/ADHD is disqualifying only if the applicant has been treated with ADD/ADHD medication within the previous year and/or they display signs of ADD/ADHD. For applicants with a previous history of ADD/ADHD who have been off medication for more than one year, and they do no demonstrate significant impulsivity or inattention during MEPS processing, the MEPS examining official may find them qualified for military service without submission of a waiver."

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...y/a/asthma.htm

Best of luck to you my friend no matter what they say don't give up on your dream your still young you can pursue it no problem later on in the future. My hats off to you for wanting and being so dedicated to serving our country.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
OneInAMillion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 22nd 2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California View Post
"Under the old standards, any history of ADD or ADHD was disqualifying. While waivers were sometimes possible, they were among the hardest categories of waivers to get approved. Under the new standards, ADD/ADHD is disqualifying only if the applicant has been treated with ADD/ADHD medication within the previous year and/or they display signs of ADD/ADHD. For applicants with a previous history of ADD/ADHD who have been off medication for more than one year, and they do no demonstrate significant impulsivity or inattention during MEPS processing, the MEPS examining official may find them qualified for military service without submission of a waiver."

Best of luck to you my friend no matter what they say don't give up on your dream your still young you can pursue it no problem later on in the future. My hats off to you for wanting and being so dedicated to serving our country.
Thanks very much for the reply and the information, im hoping that they'll see this, and that if they dont accept me, they will tell me this, so i can come back in a year and be successful if im not this time round, and thankyou

(#4 (permalink)) Old
OneInAMillion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 24th 2011, 11:33 AM

Went well didnt say i had adhd, because i didnt feel i needed to bring it up at this part of the joining process but i got my application pack, and lifes looking good hopefully be in the army in the next year or so, i will never give up this dream of being on the frontline!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
California Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joseph

Re: FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 24th 2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneInAMillion View Post
Went well didnt say i had adhd, because i didnt feel i needed to bring it up at this part of the joining process but i got my application pack, and lifes looking good hopefully be in the army in the next year or so, i will never give up this dream of being on the frontline!
Good to hear Million, keep up the good work bud! best wishes to you

(#6 (permalink)) Old
OneInAMillion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FIRST Army interview on monday! (HELP) - October 24th 2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California View Post
Good to hear Million, keep up the good work bud! best wishes to you
Thanks very much

Closed Thread