TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Anyone have a teacher like this? - October 26th 2011, 02:15 AM

My socials teacher drives me up the wall. She's always assigning us work and not telling us about it . Today she asked if anyone had done the notes on immigration and the whole class looked at her like because she hadn't mentioned it all last class. And she does this all the time. I don't know how to get ahead in her class :/ The work isn't hard, it's her teaching method that I can't handle. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can't switch out of the class as all courses are set in the first two weeks of term and after that we're expected to complete all courses to the 'best of our ability'.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Anyone have a teacher like this? - October 26th 2011, 03:18 AM

Did she provide a syllabus of the course? You could ask her at the end/start of class or outside of class if there's any work to be handed in for next class. If there's no syllabus and she doesn't respond with an answer, then you've got an incompetent teacher.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Anyone have a teacher like this? - October 26th 2011, 05:03 PM

The best thing to do is to have someone ask her at the end of class everyday if there is anything that she wants you to do, at least for a while so she learns to do it. If she didn't give you any other way of knowing when stuff is due then it isn't your fault. The fact that it isn't just you is actually a good thing. You can also bring it to her attention privately. I hade a teacher who asked us to do that with her if we had an issue with her because she didn't want to be embarrassed in front of the class because she would never do that to us and she expected the same respect.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Closed Thread