TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Am I the only one who hates people reading my work? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t87757-am-i-only-one-who-hates-people-reading-my-work/)

Doodle. November 2nd 2011 05:08 PM

Am I the only one who hates people reading my work?

I can't stand people reading my homework/essays :| There's this girl in my English class I sit next to who always wants to read other peoples' work. It really annoys me >.< I just don't know why.

I'm not much of a fan of my teachers reading my homework either :bleh:

Troubled_Heart November 2nd 2011 06:19 PM

Re: Am I the only one who hates people reading my work?

I don't mind it to be honest. Like if I know the answers aren't stupid I'm happy for people to read it but if I know I wrote something really stupid I don't like it. I've gone through years of being copied and I got used to it, never really minded as long as it wasn't abused... And it means I can copy others if I don't have time, not that I'm encouraging copying!
Xxx

Sincerely Yours ♥ November 2nd 2011 08:03 PM

Yeah I hate turning in essays & stuff then having classmates read them.

FairyPoppins November 2nd 2011 09:11 PM

What I really hate is that there's this girl in my class who always glances at my notes every 5 minutes. And if she sees that I've written something that she missed, she'll copy it. It drives me nuts. I feel like saying, "Oi, I'm not taking notes for the both of us! Pay better attention if you want to write more stuff down, it's not like I'm hearing a different lecture to you." It just really annoys me. I may as well photocopy my notes and give them to her. >.<

OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! November 3rd 2011 09:00 AM

I don't mind if people read my research papers after I've handed them in and they're marked. It would benefit me, especially when it's a good paper because others may get some of their questions answered in regards to what the TA wanted for an "A-grade" paper vs a C-grade paper. Almost everyone knows to flock to the smarter kids, which for me means I can lead study groups and use my marks as justification.

I only have 1 class that has a large amount of students (~150-200) whereas 1 other course has ~50 students and the last 2 courses have 6-7 students. People don't copy notes during lecture in the small classes since the profs know us by name, whenever they see wandering eyes onto someone else's notes, they often step in to clarify whatever the person didn't get. You also don't get the embarassment of asking a question like you would in a large class. Although I haven't felt the need to, I could simply take a different seat as there's always extra room.

For larger classes where people are more crammed, I don't mind if someone didn't get one point so they copy off me. I've done this to my friends as well, however, when their nose is practically on my notes because they're copying just about everything, I start covering my notes up so it's harder to copy from. I'm sometimes willing to help the person but by copying all my notes, they might as well just take my notes from my bag when I'm not looking, run away with them and come back whenever they feel like it. All they have to do is ask.

What annoys me is when they ask to see my notes while in lecture but instead of just looking with their eyes, they feel the need to grab my notes from me, then copy them. That's when I grab them back and no longer help the person because despite what they may believe, I need my notebook to write notes in while in lectures. All that grabbing my notes does is make me want to grab my notebook back, smack it on their head a few times then resume writing notes.

Doodle. November 3rd 2011 01:56 PM

YES! She always looks at our notes too >.< Or if she forgotten to do her homework she will look at mine and re-write it in her own words >.< I don't even know why she copies me, I normally get B's or C's :bleh:

Stargazed. November 3rd 2011 06:55 PM

In high school if we had to proofread our classmate's papers or if we had to grade each others tests or something, I would HATE it because I didn't want people to know what my grades were and I didn't want them to pick out every mistake. I also hate when people look over my shoulder at my notes while I'm not looking and use my words for their benefit.

No, you're not alone. :bleh:

craz33me November 3rd 2011 07:32 PM

I absolutely hate people doing that to me. They copy me all the time, even on quizzes. :/

OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! November 5th 2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudkip (Post 750990)
YES! She always looks at our notes too >.< Or if she forgotten to do her homework she will look at mine and re-write it in her own words >.< I don't even know why she copies me, I normally get B's or C's :bleh:

Back in high-school, my friends and I would play card games inside during recess and everyone else who needed help would come to us as we had the highest marks. It became problematic when some students wanted us to do the work then and there, but one of my friends thought of a beautiful idea. We often wanted money in order to give them our services, so once we got the money, my friend would write bullshit answers. For example, for math homework, he'd make the answers believable by doing some of it correctly but then intentionally adding something incorrect that made the overall answer wrong. People hated the fact they gave us money and we gave them bullshit but it didn't take long for people to simply ask us for help (which we were willing provided money) rather than do the work for them.

I also would screw others who I didn't like just before tests. I'd be sneaky and take their pens and pencils, then dump them somewhere, however, I always carried a large set of my own. Naturally they'd ask me for a pen so I'd hand them a pen that had very little ink in it so if lucky, they could write a sentence or two. Again, things don't come free from me so I always asked for money. Those who I liked, I'd give them working pens usually for a discount or free, just to further screw with all the others.

Sounds childish because well, it is but it also works. If you want, after you've correctly done your homework, do another copy that's incorrect and have her copy it. Once she sees her mark is crap and may blame you, then you show her you got a high mark (C isn't high but it's better than a F).

facade November 5th 2011 05:36 AM

You aren't the only one! I definitely dont like anyone reading my work. I'm terrified of criticsm, so that's why I don't like people reading my work. I fear of people judging me from it! Which is probably the reason why I don't really like writing! :p

Ennui. November 6th 2011 03:33 AM

I hate when we are forced to read each other's work. I always find everyone else's work better than mine, especially because there's a friggin genius in all my classes and he corrects all my little errors. I don't like when people judge me and am always afraid that someone will think I'm stupid when I make a mistake, even though I work as hard as I can and am third in my class.

Eternal November 6th 2011 03:31 PM

You definitely aren't alone. Whenever teachers start to look over my shoulder, I basically freeze and try to find something else to do rather then keep working. I also hate having others grade my papers because I'm afraid I did really bad.

L'espoir November 8th 2011 11:55 AM

I hate when teachers read over my shoulder. I put my hands over it so they cant, sometimes one of my teachers says to me "are you not going to let me read it" and I just said "nope" :p

better-than-ecstasy November 8th 2011 07:30 PM

yeah I hate that most of time. Other times I want people to read my work. It is complicated with me.