TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Australia: end of year and exams. - November 10th 2011, 06:06 AM

Anyone else sitting exams/finishing up? Uni or high school.

Tomorrow is my last official day of year 12, then I have two weeks of exams.

I have an English, Ancient History and Legal exam. A week ago I sat my Aboriginal Studies exam for a uni course I do through school.

I can't believe it's almost over

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 10th 2011, 11:36 AM

I have my only exam for this semester tomorrow. It is an essay exam, which I absolutely hate. I write fantastic essays usually, but never under exam conditions.

On the plus side, after tomorrow, I have like three months of holidays until I go back for final year . Are you going to university next year, Marguerite?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 11th 2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
I have my only exam for this semester tomorrow.
I hope it went well!

Quote:
It is an essay exam, which I absolutely hate. I write fantastic essays usually, but never under exam conditions.
Same on both accounts. All of my exams have been essay form since I suck at math/science. I'm usually really good at writing essays, but I tend to write really rushed exam essays. Especially if I have three that I'm supposed to do in a row, since I usually think 'Oh, I haven't finished, I can use 10 minutes and take it off the other two'. I can just imagine the examiners reading it and watching them get progressively worse

[quote=ShimmeringFaerie;754856]On the plus side, after tomorrow, I have like three months of holidays until I go back for final year [/quote]

That's so exciting! I can't wait for holidays. Just got to get through these next two weeks. What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
Are you going to university next year, Marguerite?
Yep. I've applied for arts (because I really have no idea what to do) at home (Tassie) and in Melbourne. I'm hoping to move to Melbourne but I'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 11th 2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Same on both accounts. All of my exams have been essay form since I suck at math/science. I'm usually really good at writing essays, but I tend to write really rushed exam essays. Especially if I have three that I'm supposed to do in a row, since I usually think 'Oh, I haven't finished, I can use 10 minutes and take it off the other two'. I can just imagine the examiners reading it and watching them get progressively worse
Luckily for me, most of my essay exams at university have been 'seen exams'. So they give us six possible questions before the exam, only four of them will be on the paper, and we have to write three.

Quote:
That's so exciting! I can't wait for holidays. Just got to get through these next two weeks. What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm studying a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in Maths and English (because I'm unusual ). I will be so glad when it is over next year though. I absolutely love teaching, but for the most part, the actual course isn't that great. Which makes sense, because it's hard to tell someone how to be a good teacher; I'd much rather be out there, learning it for myself.

Quote:
Yep. I've applied for arts (because I really have no idea what to do) at home (Tassie) and in Melbourne. I'm hoping to move to Melbourne but I'll have to wait and see how things turn out.
I have lots of friends who are doing Arts; I think it's a really great course if you don't know what you actually want to do, especially since you can always use your classes for credits or just do a Graduate Diploma if you want to go into another field. Have you decided what areas you might like to major in?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 11th 2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Luckily for me, most of my essay exams at university have been 'seen exams'. So they give us six possible questions before the exam, only four of them will be on the paper, and we have to write three.
Those exist?? Haha that sounds awesome.

Quote:
I'm studying a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in Maths and English (because I'm unusual ). I will be so glad when it is over next year though. I absolutely love teaching, but for the most part, the actual course isn't that great. Which makes sense, because it's hard to tell someone how to be a good teacher; I'd much rather be out there, learning it for myself.
That sounds great. I was thinking about that myself actually. Not math but teaching. Not for all that long, I'm just considering what my plans are. My English teacher has been telling me all year I should become an English teacher but I'm not really convinced I'd make a good one. I figure I have three years to decide if that's what I want anyway

Quote:
I have lots of friends who are doing Arts; I think it's a really great course if you don't know what you actually want to do, especially since you can always use your classes for credits or just do a Graduate Diploma if you want to go into another field. Have you decided what areas you might like to major in?
I was thinking maybe English and Political Science. But I'm still a little unsure.

~Arundhati Roy

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 21st 2011, 06:43 AM

How did I not see this thread before?

I finished my exams a while ago, and I've officially graduated from high school. It's a weird feeling, isn't it?

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Australia: end of year and exams. - November 23rd 2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe. View Post
How did I not see this thread before?

I finished my exams a while ago, and I've officially graduated from high school. It's a weird feeling, isn't it?
Awesome! I officially finished high school (or college as we call it in Tas) today xD

Very weird ;S

How did you exams go?

~Arundhati Roy

Closed Thread