TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxJoolay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

Chemistry and Geometry? - December 3rd 2011, 11:04 PM

Chemistry and geometry are my worst subjects. Like, really. I have C's in both subjects (However I took a geometry test and I probably failed it so I think that's going to be lower.) My geometry teacher is horrible. He doesn't even know how to teach so I'm basically trying to teach myself. And I am struggling, because I have never been a math person and I never will be. My chemistry grade, like I said, is a C. The percentage is 77.4% I am doing extra credit and I have a test next week and I'm really trying to keep up. I need to do well on that test, and I'll have to hope it'll bring me up to a B. I'm really stressed and I'm just ready to cry. I wish I can get a tutor but after school I have to go straight home, and so at home I just get frustrated because I don't know how to do it. I'm trying so hard but I'm just mad at myself for not processing it. I am worried. I NEED to pass because I do NOT want to repeat it next year. I'm determined, yet I'm not. I can't even breathe and relax.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Chemistry and Geometry? - December 4th 2011, 06:34 AM

Hey there, I'm in chemistry this year as well and I too have been having difficulty. Don't get too down on yourself, its a tough class. Do you have any friends that are good at either of those subjects that could help you out? You could always have a study party with a couple friends and you can all try and figure it out together. That way it takes some of the stress away.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Chemistry and Geometry? - December 5th 2011, 06:54 AM

What topics are you learning and struggling with in chemistry?

Geometry I've always found to be the easiest of the math subjects in school. If you have a large set of figures, much of it comes down to examining segments of figures on their own. Also, write out the various theories and methods you know beside the figure to use a reference. For example, if you have 2 parallel lines with 1 transecting line, immediately think which theoroms and rules apply, such as the Z-rule, F-rule, lines must sum to 180 degrees, etc... . Also, look to see what you have to calculate because other theories may apply, such as cosine laws.

If you teacher is crappy, then use online resources. There are many of them but here's one that explains the Z-rule and F-rule as an example:

http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/.../Lparallel.htm

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread