TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

What happens if...? - January 5th 2012, 07:05 PM

Argh!!

Right, here's the basic story:

I'm doing a Childcare course for A Level and we have to work at 4 different places over 2 years. I decided to get a job in a playscheme and use it as one of my placements.

Make sense?

I've wanted this job for two years anyway, so would have applied for it whether I did this A Level course or not. I've just applied for the job.

What happens if I don't get it?

I know that this must be a very common stress, but it would make my life so so soooo much more easier if I had this job because then I'd have more time to work on my coursework for school too!

And I will panic so much if I don't get it!

I don't know what I'm asking, but just thought I'd rant it out.

Thanks for reading!
Molly.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: What happens if...? - January 6th 2012, 03:42 AM

First off, I'd suggest going about this in another way. Do not yet worry about the prospect of not getting the job. Instead, remain neutral about the issue or, even better, fantasize over the prospect of actually receiving the job.

If you don't get the job, it's really not the end of the world. I know it might seem that way right now, but unfortunately, you won't get everything you want in life. Like you appear to be, I am very hard on myself. If I don't maintain straight As while in university, I completely beat myself up about it. Don't do this. Someone once told me that one of the most invaluable skills to master is the ability to deal with failures or short-comings. Admittedly, I have yet to master this skill but am working on doing so. I suggest you, and everyone else, do the same.

At the end of the day, the decision is out of your hands. You've done all you can do and I think it's safe to assume that you gave it your best shot. Patience, now. Whatever the outcome may be, remember that you tried your best and don't forget that there are many other positions out there. Perhaps, some that are even better suited to your needs. I know you are likely to ignore my wishy-washy, somewhat-cliche words at this point but if possible, try to take it in and learn.

I do wish you all the best and hope that you achieve your goal.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread