TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

help, I need advice! - January 17th 2012, 03:53 AM

So, all my classes are online except for one. and I will only be at the actual college monday and wednesday. However, It sucks because I will spending 90 percent of my time at home.This will grow to be depressing and I will get cabin fever really bad. I will not have any spare time at all. If I go to a friend's house, I will be afraid I may not come back home for a couple of days because I will grow so sick of being at home it will be completely pathetic. Even though the classes are online, I still have deadlines to meet which sucks. I am afraid I will go stir crazy and on top of that, since I will be at home more, that means I will have to deal with 10 times more drama. What should I do to avoid going insane? I really wish I could go to the college for these classes but they were only available online and they are classes I have got to have. any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: help, I need advice! - January 17th 2012, 04:56 PM

You could always go to the library or cafe at your school. This way you can be away from home, at your school, and maybe you can even meet some people, hang out.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: help, I need advice! - January 18th 2012, 12:31 AM

Yeah, definitely going to the library at school to study is a fantastic way to get out of the house while still being productive. In addition, you might want to talk to some people in your online classes and maybe form some kind of study group that meets on campus (once a week, once a month, before exams, etc. - whatever you choose).

I'd also recommend getting involved on campus. Just because most of your classes are online, it doesn't make you less of a student - so be an active one. Get involved with student council, a club, a sport - something that satisfies your interests. This is a great way to not only get out of the house and the habit of studying/doing school work all of the time, but it also gives you the opportunity to meet new people who share what you like to do.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread