TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

help understanding an assignment - February 3rd 2012, 04:48 PM

I am looking at my assignment. It's asking for 2 source images and a composite image. Can someone show me what sources I need and what composite.
This is my lab...

Unit 1. Lab 1. Using Photoshop Tools
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
As a result of this lab, you will be able to use the selection tools, change the color of an image
and use layers. You will also use the Move and Crop tool and work with textures.
Required Setup and Tools
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Recommended Procedures
Step 1: Log on to the Internet. Visit a royalty-free image Web site and download an image of
fruits. The image should have more than one piece of fruit and preferably some of the fruits
should be sliced; a good choice would be oranges or lemons. Download an image of any texture.
Step 2: Open the image of the fruits in Photoshop CS4.
Step 3: Using the selection tools, select one of the fruits. Try each of the selection tools, including
the Marquee tool, the Lasso, and the Quick Selection tool, to become familiar with each tool. If
you cannot remember where these are located from the demo in Activity 1.3, then raise your
hand to ask the instructor.
Step 4: After selecting the fruit, change its color. To perform this task, use the following steps:
1. Click Image> Adjustments> Levels. The Levels window will open.
2. Under Channel, select Red.
3. Move the slider to adjust the color of the selected area.
Hint: Click the Preview button to see the adjustments as you make them. When
the desired color is reached, click OK.
Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 on other fruits. You will now have at least three different colored
fruits.
Step 6: Under Window, select Layers to display the Layers palette. On the Layers fly out menu,
click Duplicate Layer. You will now have two layers of fruit.
Step 7: Click the bottom layer. Use the Marquee tool to select the entire image. Click Delete. The
bottom layer is now the background color.
Step 8: Click the top layer. Use the selection tool of your choice to select the background. Press
and hold the Shift key to continue adding areas to the selection until the entire background area is
selected. Click Delete to delete the background.
Step 9: Open the texture image.
Step 10: Using the Move tool, drag the texture image to the fruit image. Notice that in the Layers
palette, the texture now has its own layer. If necessary, drag the texture layer under the fruit layer
so that the fruit appears on top.
Step 11: After selecting the texture layer, click Edit> Transform> Scale. Handles appear on the
image. Drag the handles to scale the texture to fill the entire background.
Hint: Pressing and holding the Shift key while dragging scales the object
proportionately. Double-click the background to apply scale.
Step 12: Use the Crop tool to trim the image and create an interesting composition.
Step 13: Save the file and print all three images, including the two source images and the
composite by clicking File> Save and File> Print.
Submission Requirements
Two source images manipulated according to the directions in Recommended Procedures.
One composite image created according to the directions in Recommended Procedures
Self-Assessment Checklist
I have chosen an image showing multiple fruit.

I have changed colors within the image.
I have duplicated the layers.

I have created a texture layer and filled the background.

I have cropped the image and created an interesting composition.

I have followed the submission requirements:
File Format: Adobe Photoshop

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: help understanding an assignment - February 11th 2012, 03:08 AM

Hey Jenn,

Sorry it took so long for a reply. I think you should move your thread into "techonology" to get more answers. Either make a duplicate thread or ask a moderator.

Good Luck, sorry I can't help you directly.

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
Closed Thread