TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

wait lists? - February 21st 2012, 09:07 PM

Im starting community college next week. Since there are so many ppl tryin to get classes i only got into one class. but im on several "wait lists" what do i do about this? dose that mean im in the class or what? im kinda confused and dont wanna do the wrong thing and not get classes. i tried lookin on the school website for info but couldnt find any.

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
I've been here a while

Name: Megan

Re: wait lists? - February 21st 2012, 09:44 PM

Being on a wait list for classes that you need or want to take is never fun! But, what it means is that a course/class has reached its maximum seating capacity, obviously because it's a popular class for many students. Unfortunately, the only way you'll get into one of those classes is if another students drops the class. I would say your best bet would be to go and actually talk to someone at the college. Then you'll know for sure what the situation is... sometimes if you really try hard enough, you can get them to fit you in anyways. Good luck with everything!

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: wait lists? - February 21st 2012, 09:46 PM

It just means you are on the list waiting to get into the class. As people drop the class you will be moved up. Depending on where you are in the wait list you might get a spot in the class, but if not enough people drop the class you might just have one class next semester.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: wait lists? - February 21st 2012, 10:25 PM

Depending on the size of the class, wait list and your position on the wait list, it is possible for you to be part of the class if you talk with administration (not the instructor as they have no influence over it), especially if you need the course in order to graduate in the next semester as that places you at higher priority than those on the wait list who don't need the course to graduate right away. You can still attend the class although you would not officially be a student in that class so you would be asked to move if someone who is registered in the course is unable to get a seat as they have first priority. The only thing you can do in the meantime other than wait is apply to other classes that don't have a wait list if you haven't done so already.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: wait lists? - February 21st 2012, 10:37 PM

I would personally ask this question at the college. For me there is a counseling center that helps with scheduling for classes and things like that. It seems like a lot of people drop classes if they don't like the instructor or realize that the class that they registered for is not what they expected, then they go to the wait list for people that wanted to join the class but could not initially get in due to it being full. Sometimes they can squeeze extra people in too.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

Closed Thread