TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

Role play interview - March 29th 2012, 09:21 AM

So I have an interview next month with a travel agency and I went in for it last year and got to interview 3 and lost because my advisor thought it was an formal interview so wasn't prepared but I was lucky because the second interview went well the woman was pleased with me and was torn between me and someone else and she took that person on and phoned the main office to give me another interview at another travel agents just different location but at the time I thought it was a formal one. Anyway this time it's a role play interview and is it the same as normal interview or different? Help I'm stressing

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Role play interview - March 29th 2012, 01:44 PM

It's going to be a bit different from the job interviews that you're probably used to. In most job interviews, the boss will just ask questions about you, what makes you the right person for the job, how you would handle certain situations, etc. In RP interviews, the boss will act as different customers coming into the travel agency to see how you would respond in that situation. There's a big difference between talking about a reaction and actually reacting, so they'll just be trying to test that out.

Don't stress over it too much. One thing you might want to do is think about as many possible scenarios as you can and think about things you could say in those situations ahead of time. Don't over-think it, though. It might end up stressing you out more. I'm sure you'll be great, though. The lady at the 2nd travel agency obviously saw something in you and I'm sure the boss at this agency will see that too.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Role play interview - March 29th 2012, 03:58 PM

I recently had an RP interview, and honestly.. prepare yourself now. They didn't tell the group of us that we were having an RP interview, nobody was prepared. It's not difficult, but if you're not prepared, you'll just be searching for words often, unless you're a great public speaker.

Just make sure that you know your stuff and be optimistic. One of the biggest things that they will be looking for is how positive and easy you can make it. If he/she pretends to be one of those customers from hell, just take it and be as positive as possible.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#4 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Role play interview - March 29th 2012, 06:23 PM

Thank you I know how to deal with unhappy customers like say 'sorry to hear about the problem you have, I'll just get my manager to help solve the situation for you' does that sound good? Lol

I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Role play interview - March 30th 2012, 07:59 AM

I know what the role play is now they sent me it by email and it's put my mind at ease a little but still have to be prepared for what customer will ask which is hard because I don't know what will be asked by I'm going to pick up some holiday brochures tomorrow

Be kind ♥
Closed Thread