TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kendall Ann Offline
Kendall Ann
Not a n00b

Name: Kendall

I just need to find something I'm good at - April 7th 2012, 06:41 PM

Hello everyone,

So, I had planned to take choir from kindergarten through highschool graduation and maybe longer. Yet, I don't really have a passion for singing, I love to do it but I'm just not real good at it. This is probably why I didn't get into the advanced choir group at my schoo. So, I've been thinking I should take another class instead next year, like art. Just to try and find something I'm actually good at and love to do. I mean, I play basketball and I'd say I'm pretty good at that but, it's not something I can see being part of my life past college, and if it's part of my life during college it'll probably be just as a coach. Also, music will always be a big part of my life and something I love and care about, even if I'm not a great singer. I feel like I have no talent but I know I have a purpose in this world and I'll be someone great. Overall I just want to be happy with whatever my future ends up being.

Don't let anyone say you're not beautiful, stay true to you!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: I just need to find something I'm good at - April 8th 2012, 09:49 AM

Kendall,

It's good that you recognise your stengths now before you get too deep into them. If you're passionate about something though, you should follow it through.

My only real tip is to just do what you want. You'll get somewhere, evenif it's not the exact place you hoped when you were younger. You might not make a lot of money, but at least you'll enjoy where it takes you. Why bother doing something you don't like? If you're alive, you succeed at life ~ that's just how it is. If you love music, pursue something to do with music: become a band manager; start a studio; start a record label - there's so much to do outside of just being a singer.

Closed Thread